Xbow Necro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Xbow Necro Empty Xbow Necro

Post by Adryw Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

I don't see any xbow nec guide in the "Guides" section, i didn't actually try to build this. So my question is that is it possible go xbow necro and will it be solid ? If so, anyone could give me some tips ?

Adryw
Siren

Back to top Go down

Xbow Necro Empty Re: Xbow Necro

Post by buffaloburger Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:15 pm

I thought there was a voodoo shot guide? Maybe I am imagining things. People consider Voodoo shot very powerful. I've ran with a frag shot Necro in an older version and a buckshot in more recent times. Chances are buckshot won't play like you would expect a crossbow wielder to play. It is in your face only skill and you obviously get no shield. Hilarious damage potential though. Necro gets very good passives and utilities. Basically any of the not flametail shot skills can be good enough to build around.

Flametail isn't bad, its just not your kill a screen at a time skill. More for utility. You'll want either or both Bane and Dragonfire oil for damage supplementation. One point in all those killer utilities like talon hold and void archon. Voodoo is the widely agreed most powerful skill in the tree. You will still possibly use frag shot situationally.

I swear there was a guide for this I saw recently. Could not find it for some reason. Hopefully someone will link it. Basically you toss a summon where you want to voodoo shot to spray arrows from and immediately target it. You will likely use death ward, embalming, famine, and bane or dragonfire oil as point sinks. All your 1 point wonders + your primary attack which you may or may not point sink. Frag shot can function well as a 1 point wonder. I did max it when I built a character around it. I didn't do the math at the time though. Necromancers beastly passives and such might have outstripped its growth.

The TU trebuchet is brutal and my weapon of choice for general purposes. Eventually you will outgrow it, but it kicks some serious ass. Jitan's Kamon is great supplemental damage as these skills all tend to hit multiple times and apply lots of that additive damage. Deadfall belt is very solid for this build. Aside from that I'd say get what you need. Keep in mind crossbow animation caps at 9FPA with 120% IAS on the necromancer. Frag shot is the skill in the tree that ignores attack rating. Otherwise you will need enough to hit or ITD if you must go that route.

Thanks Str0b3l, exactly what I was thinking of.

Last edited by buffaloburger on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
buffaloburger
buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

Back to top Go down

Xbow Necro Empty Re: Xbow Necro

Post by Str0b3l Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:48 pm

http://www.medianxl.com/h10-xbow-necro
Str0b3l
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down