[v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming Empty [v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming

Post by thedarkbobo Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Supershort guide - poison farmer sorc

[parts of formating taken from Marco's guide - idk how to do it fast ...also I will format it better tomorrow and add after an exam so..its work in progress]

OVERVIEW:
I want to show you working skillplan and basic features of poison sorc, that can allow you to farm dunc fairly quickly with resonable speed.
It was my main dunc farmer since 2012 because of heavy slow and good range - i have a bad mouse. This should be easy to make and play untwinked - with runewords and rares you should be able to start cleaning dunc. You could farm TA aswell, just get reanimates and try to not get hit.

I won't lie to you - this particular build is not a great charm farmer. You dont have 1milion def of barbarian or 99% avoid or 20k hp. You have epic slow and some tanky mobs and high DR % instead.
Enjoy Hello

CORE SKILLS:
Skill plan looks more or less like that:
Skillplan PoisonFarmer (Sorceress, 2012 v005)

Familiar - obvious + skills

Mana Sweep - 1 pointer on your left click, use when need mana(kind of always)

Chronofield - slooooow motiooonnnnnn [enough points to reach 70-75% slow, no need to push >75]

Carpet of Spiders - our main damage dealer, it spreads to nearby monsters and does nice damage;
with poison set you can kill souls on p1 in around 1s ?
You can smax Hive or Miasma instead, but gameplay changes a little - miasma will have worse targeting but reduce enemy AR and slow more - and Hive is like ...meh passive.

Shatter The Flesh - 1 point, our second damage dealer, explodes corpses

Frigid sphere - leftovers, third option

PASSIVES:
Snow Queen - you want to put some points here, smax if possible

Vengeful Power - 1 point wonder, buffed in V6e - its awesome hp bonus.

Hive - same, bonus to Energy.

Summonz:

Summon Ice Elementals - must have unless u have good mouse and coordination. Put as many points as you like. They give bonus DEF and DR%.
To get more ice elementals HP its better to max frigid sphere after you reach some point here. They CAN also deal some nice damage.

Oskill items ?
-Amulet rare with lighting arena is usefull as always, tho with timefield enemy is slow anyway.
-Oskills spells are rather worse and you would need to have proper stats on gear to make it usefull.

Optional builds:
psn/fire for moar damage
psn/cold with witch blood - no timefield slow (risky for me)
fire/cold - for ubers, charms
ele/cold - if need def

Early Gameplay,Early Stats & Skills,Early Gear, Middle Gameplay
- check out marco's guide http://www.medianxl.com/t456-v6e-tanya-the-sorceress
There is just too many things and you can probably do well in rares.

Also what I want to add from my experience(leveling untwinked):
lighting/cold build - max Thunderstone and Snow Queen, rest 1 pointers and keep going. With summons you are really tanky[recast them a lot].

Gearwise - runewords as in marco's guide + later make Honorific helmet (it will cost you around 50k gold). Honorific is NOT a must - I just had some gold. You can orb rares for resists and thats about it.
EXAMPLE:
[v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming Starting_gear_beforelvl4060

Middle Stats & Skills
- Follow the skillplan, 1 point chronofield, tanky elementals, max carpet - leftovers in frigid sphere

Starting/Middle Gear for first dunc runs
to be added....overall rare's orbed with poison dmg is what you need.
-100/200% enemy poison res.
Summons health.
Energy.
Thats all.

On switch AMN runeword in sorceress orbs for Bloodlust.

Easy challanges tactics
a) if boss is not always poison immune then you can [remember, have -% enemy poison resistance up to -200%]
- spam CoS (not very effective if monster drops immunity just for few seconds)
- get as much * Bonus to Poison Skill Duration * as you can and use CoS
or smax Hive
or get Gamma Field oskill from RUNEWORD Mal sorc body armor

for example NEF RUNE 10% or 15% poison duration - stack 10 for win ^_^
(btw necro can use a wand with gamma field but I dont really see pro's of necro caster hmm)

b) if boss is always poison immune[belial for example]
- switch to other build and gear (fire seems best for me)(stack -200% fire res, Smax and spam Flamestrike)
- grab other char
- trade for this charm Hitting a Wall

Merc
Overall melee mercs will die from a barrel so obvious choice is act3 merc - bloodmage.

What next ?
I recommend order:
crafted/rw gear-> 100-120 lvl and a5 destru -> easy charms -> better crafts +/- K3k uberlevel (sets,sigs) -> medium hard charms -> (ta)/dunc/sewers a3/other -> hard charms

End Gameplay - dunc
Have potions/symbols, bloodlust.
On left click mana sweep.
Cast ice elementals, cast edyrems if have.

WHAT TO CLICK:
- precast chronofield once, run towards souls, cast chronofield , run back a bit, spam carpet of spiders(or just cast it few times),[If ice elementals <10 recast them] -> run towards next group or fall back [-> mana sweep to get mana] -> repeat.

How to prepare for first dunc ?

- Get easy charms
- Gamble rings for +1 skill +poison damage(epd)/- enemy poison res(epr) or the same with Cold damage (ecd/ecr)
- Same for amulet, but +1-3 skills + if you are lucky Lightning Arena oskill + epd/ecd - epr/ecr
- Some crafted helmet(pref diadem or other dex type), gloves, staff, ATH runeword boots
- On or Amn runeword sorceress body armor (Amn gives you 1 elf)

What to aim for in crafting and orbing:

MO for -100+ EPR total, rest orb for ECR or Summonned minion hp (they still die from barrels...), skeleton reanims.

Weapon - I prefer staves so:
+10-12 sorc skills
+ epd/ecd
-epr/ecr
+ energy factor
+energy
+ life after kill

Gear:
Resists, stats(ene str dex viv), gloves +1 sorc skills and possible 1% burning veil after kill...

EXAMPLE(I didnt make crafts for a reason, first of all to check if you can kill anything without them, second of all - because I have set).
[v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming Dunc_start_bad_gear_jpg

I have to say that Shatter The Flesh works wonders too Bouncing

Skills notes:
Chronofield lvl 28 with items = 75% slow cap.
Smax Familiar, Ice elementals, Carpet, rest in frigid and ice queen.
1 point symbol of esu.

With rare gear your killspeed will be BAD !! Try to get crafts as soon as possible.

End Gear
Adria's set - cheap and sexy.

War Staff (Monad)
Ceremonial Armor (Dyad)
Tiara (Triad)
Chain Gloves (Tetrad)
Heavy Belt (Pentad)

Fill with lums or whatever you want to achieve.
Shamanka (Sacred Unique) on switch ofc - bloodlust. [Or bloodmage merc from act 2 - he also can cast bloodlust].
You don't really need more damage at least on p1.

With edyrems and good ammount of reanimates, orbing shredders on rings etc you could skip chronofield and go for more damage.
Other possibility is fire/poison.

Or

Crafted gear - same as for mid part - you will end up with less + skills but -100/200% enemy cold(or fire ltn if your spec is x/psn) and bonus to that source of damage. You can also fit some procs in which you wont have with set.

Ps.
I know its soso not a sorc. Same as baba not barb Salut

Last edited by thedarkbobo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 15 times in total
thedarkbobo
thedarkbobo
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

[v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming Empty Re: [v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming

Post by Homm Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Nice,it's fun to see some miniguides , but since it is a miniguide based on duncraig,shouldn't you make a big part dedicated to dunc? With screenshot and videos maybe Smile (I saw you lacked of time,im just suggestioning)
Homm
Homm
Ancient Fungus

Back to top Go down

[v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming Empty Re: [v6d/e/f][miniguide] Poison sorc for farming

Post by wow123400 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:30 pm

this guide is for 2012?someone still playing that?
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by thedarkbobo Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

As you can see in [v6d/e] name its not Razz Sorc didnt change much (psn at least). I had psn farmer in v4 v5...
Well i will make it bigger, gear wise for fresh 120 char, hopefully this weekend. Its so easy and straightforward, focus just on psn damage, - psn res and pet hp's.
thedarkbobo
thedarkbobo
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 pm

i like build with no su or other top shit mentioned,i will give you a cookie tomorrow,today marco got it
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by IVIike Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:47 pm

i have some armor that would be good for this guide but sssu i think, its got 135% to psn dmg and some other skill ^
i know your guide for cheap build, but maybe as End game it could be handy ^
IVIike
IVIike
Horadric Mage

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:51 pm

what about miasma here?can it help?you can cast a lot of those too
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by thedarkbobo Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Tried it, its fine but CoS kills faster, and you slow with time field whole area so no need to aim(like with miasma you have to) too much (LAZY)
thedarkbobo
thedarkbobo
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:07 pm

good point need to protect our fingers Thinking
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 am

I dunno how other people play poison sorc, but you are not make full use of "poison DPS trigger on-kill proc", then you will waste one of best stats caster can have.

And if you doing duncraig guide only, please include more detail on the map.
If not, then dont put "dunc farming" at the title, write it as short guide for poison sorc.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top