Amazon Help [bowazon]

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amazon Help [bowazon] Empty Amazon Help [bowazon]

Post by taem Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 am

I've never tried a bowazon before in MXL and am interested in getting some help (I'm still level-1, at the planning stages).

SKILL PLAN
For a skill plan, I'm aiming for this End Game. Does that look like a good skill plan end game, or am I wasting points somewhere? Should I invest more into Phalanx, Wild and Free, or Spellbind? Should I put more than 1-point into Ghost Arrow for the synergy it gives Wyrmshot? Should I invest more into Barrage as a secondary skill?

AFFIXES
What is important for a bowazon? It seems FPS is paramount to this build, am I right? How about Hit Recovery, Life Leech, Life after Kill, and Life on Strike? Should I worry about a super high Defense? Any more suggestions?

ITEMS
At a total loss. I'd like to hear any suggestions for low/mid-level gear, and end-game gear.

UBERS
Any suggestions for ubers specific to this build? A bit off topic, but I'm finding using a pure summoner necro to be quite the challenge and would like to try some other builds to see how they fare at ubers so I can see if it's my sucky play-style, my items, or just the build I'm struggling with in some ubers. The only way to know this is to have sometime to compare to, which is why I want to make this Amazon. Anyways, any suggestions specific to this build vs ubers would be appreciated.

Feel free to leave any additional comments related to this topic that I'm missing. I didn't see any guides for pure bowazon build in guides section so, I hope this thread can prove useful to everyone.

**EDIT: Derp... that's because I was in the wrong guide section. Two of the three guides are for bowazon. Well.... Embarassed Laughing . I'd still like to get other opinions.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Amazon Help [bowazon] Empty Re: Amazon Help [bowazon]

Post by ratapwnz Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 am

Im pretty sure "wild and free" need ~5 hard points.
ratapwnz
ratapwnz
Cog

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 am

best way to do uber will be the immortal tank sov uber skill,Wyrmshot good at focusing fire,give ghost arrow some hard pts to get more target is a good idea.

gear,marco's zoology has the best you can get in beginning,but since you have a high lvl necro already and if you think there is no reason to go through the hard time again,get a double mo shockwave for you bowzon,it will kill faster.

but as early game,before act5,i think spearzon is better for you.and lc0 gonna be a bitch,cause amazon is pretty hard to do that with just ghost arrow,so do you have other +10 stats charm saved?

javazon is also very powerful,bowzon is good at after you can put 15 hard pts in phanlanx or get at least 10 pts into ghost arrow for wyrmshot,and those two rune word bow will help you from there,one is with flamestrike proc,one with frozen soul proc
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Skroting Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

The skillplan i went with on my bowzon was something along the lines of This

And for equipment, my setup was:
Wep - TU reflex bow
Helm - Einherjar RW
B.Arm - TU chain mail
Boots - TU Light plated
Gloves - TU Chain gloves
Belt - Deadfall
Quiver - Rare - Skill level, ias, other MO's

With this i could do judgement day, and with the edyrems i could start of by farming the entry area to duncraig.

Skroting
Daystar

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 pm

You can use honorific gloves and boots for strength/dex stats,tcd% if you're not using EF, reanimates,resists..etc.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Skroting wrote:The skillplan i went with on my bowzon was something along the lines of This

And for equipment, my setup was:
Wep - TU reflex bow
Helm - Einherjar RW
B.Arm - TU chain mail
Boots - TU Light plated
Gloves - TU Chain gloves
Belt - Deadfall
Quiver - Rare - Skill level, ias, other MO's

With this i could do judgement day, and with the edyrems i could start of by farming the entry area to duncraig.

that bow got too much dex requirement,the other amazon bow is better for early game imo
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:46 pm

TU Stag bow is better. Better procs, dexterity bonus, resis, good flat damage.
Rob Lucci
Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:53 pm

TU reflex bow is not that bad,it's just not for early game,or you will have a hard time to use it,the dex requirement is a pain in the ass,but after lvl90,you max phanlanx,that bow can help you just like fortress barb with a tu glaive
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by taem Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 am

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far guys! I'm going to be starting my zon in a couple hours.

Is it true what the two bow-zon guides say about Curare being useless for a bowazon, and why so?

Marco puts nothing in Spellbind. The other guide does not mention it at all. Is that skill more for casters then? Does Defensive Harmony overlap Spellbind since they both seem to have a slowing effect? If so, then suppose DH would be better unless you could get SB down to a less than 1-second spell timer and get it's duration up with +%duration buffs.

Also, is this build a glass cannon that requires Paragon to survive, or is SoV acceptable?

Thanks for any replies ahead of time.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 am

curare is a poison damage,good with ricochet or pounce,something that does not hit that many times at once,both wyrmshot and barrage hits lots of times,poison damage really not required at this point

poison skill is a matter of time,you have to wait for it to work,like stormblast barb never use snake stance,if you can kill something before poison takes damage,then there is no need for poison.so it is a style thingy.

DH and spellbind part,i think this also depends on your style,spellbind require a cast,DH is automatic,choose the one you like.

SoV is a immortal tank,you want enemies to stay away from you,SoV is your choice,but if you do not mind your enemies keep getting on you,choose paragon

all depends on style,but since you played a necro before,you choice should be spellbind and SoV

I hope you understand what I am saying,I do this before I go to bed.
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top