Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)  Empty Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)

Post by ArcaneShin04 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Good day! Hello I'm just a newbie here and i'm only new to this median XL type of Diablo II. Just recently found out about this one. Got alittle confused with some of its main streams. Quite jumbled. Embarassed

BTW, i'm still newbie here, can someone please help me in finding a Good Sorceress Build? I saw already some builds for it but i just don't get it specially in terms of distributing stat points on some builds Sad . So, pretty pls help me to find a good, amazing build for my new sorc. oh i forgot that i would want a magic casting sorc than a melee type sorc.

Please specify completely in what build is it and what are the skills i should get and max out & what stat's that i should add in. Hope someone could help me in my problem. ^_^

Thanks in advance though. God bless! Wink
See ya
ArcaneShin04
ArcaneShin04
Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)  Empty Re: Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)

Post by Xplosive Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Any sorceress . The hardest would be fire poison while easiest lightning cold . Y U NO EXPERIMENT
Xplosive
Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

Back to top Go down

Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)  Empty Re: Newbie: Need Help for Sorceress Build (More on Magic type not Melee type)

Post by ArcaneShin04 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:30 pm

oh i see.
why is it fire and poison was the hardest and why light/cold is the easiest? Question Smile
ArcaneShin04
ArcaneShin04
Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Because of the passives . BEst defensive passives are in cold , lightning and fire trees . Fire and poison passives give more firepower but the lack of defense really hurts .

In median having armor actually counts you know ? The most noobsfriendly would be picking cold tree because the passive is awesome and it has minions too .
Xplosive
Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Also play about with it, you can always respec (rune and Oil of Absolution) find what suits your play stile, stats into enegry will boost your damage
Arc_Razer
Arc_Razer
Arachnida

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneShin04 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:41 pm

i use Tanya, the Sorc Build lately but i dont get how and what points i should distribute & i saw some forums that Light build sorc are powerful too. :/
ArcaneShin04
ArcaneShin04
Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 pm

The Tanya guide basically takes you step by step. Hoping you have read up on the basics like early game runewords and how to create unique items. There are offline docs you can read to help you become more familiar with this mod. General stat distribution for a lot of characters would be to invest in enough strength or dexterity to be able to wear and equip items then as you progress,you're going to want to start putting all the rest of your stats into energy since you are a caster. Don't forget to use your character orb also. There's a lot to read so get to it. Thumbs Up
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcaneShin04 Wed May 01, 2013 5:28 am

Still confused. this game is really confusing than the Original D2 although its has new skill and its very easy to level up in this game.

BTW, is it really necessary to add dex than vit? because at diablo 2 LOD i don't usually use dex in it. i just use Str, Vit and Int for my Sorc.
ArcaneShin04
ArcaneShin04
Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive Wed May 01, 2013 7:06 am

Usually sorceress armors require dex to equip . Up to 600ish

MXL docs wrote:

BACKGROUND OF THE MEDIAN XL SORCERESS

The Zann Esu covens have always been regarded with suspicion by the other mage clans of Sanctuary. Although their mastery of elemental magic was undeniable, the witch covens keep away from society and adhere to strict ethical rules and their own religion of nature worship.

Their secluded lifestyle and mysterious powers gave rise to rumours among the common folk about hexcraft and a pact with the devil. Members of the covens were hunted down as witches and prosecuted by the Church until the witches finally fled deep into the forests to the underground city of Zann Rok, never to be seen again.

Now more myth than history, folk tales of the Zann Esu tell of haunting chants and dances to the full moon deep in the forest and unearthly spirits hunting down and slaying any witnesses to the spectacle...

BASE STATS

Strength : 10
Dexterity : 25
Vitality : 15 (65 life)
Energy : 35 (35 mana)

+25 life, +15 mana per level
Gains +2 life per point into vitality
Gains +4 mana per point into energy

PREFERRED WEAPONS

Sorceresses are adept at the use of magical staves and orbs as channelling foci for their spells. The smaller orbs are one-handed, enabling the spellcaster to carry a shield. However, staves are more efficient and allow the sorceress to cast her spells much faster.

Battlemage warriors are often seen wielding crystal swords or the Zann Esu’s mystical warp blades. A combination of channelling athame and war sword, warp blades create energy ripples that enable the wielder to strike multiple enemies in a single swing!

Base cast rate increased when wielding a staff.

Class-specific 1h weapon: Orb
Class-specific 1h weapon: Warp Blade (On hit: deals area effect damage)
Also uses staves
PREFERRED ARMOUR

Because traditional warrior plate is cumbersome and impedes mobility and spell casting, the ancient mage clans created their own exotic designs that allow for easy movement and precise gestures. Though the knowledge to create this armour has been lost to the ages, you may come across one of the few surviving Eastern kazarghands, Khanduran lamellar plates or the splendid Kehjistani ceremonial armours...

Class-specific body armor: Sorceress Armor

Basically leveling to 120 will give you 2975 life and putting all your 1110 stats into vit will grant 2220 life . Yes that will be increased by vit bonuses and max hp% but still not worth it

Last edited by Xplosive on Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Xplosive
Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 am

ArcaneShin04 wrote:Still confused. this game is really confusing than the Original D2 although its has new skill and its very easy to level up in this game.

BTW, is it really necessary to add dex than vit? because at diablo 2 LOD i don't usually use dex in it. i just use Str, Vit and Int for my Sorc.

This game added a lot to D2. There's so much from D2 that no longer applies to this game. Do yourself a huge favor and go to the Tools & Info forum on the home page and download the offline documents. They will help you tremendously. Also, read guides too, as you implied you're already doing. I was good at D2, but MXL is a whole different ball game and I was off to a terrible start at first. I would also download the PlugY mod if you're using single player. You'll save yourself an immense amount of time since you can collect everything you'll need for later, and for other characters.

Also, there was an inherent flaw in D2 in my opinion, which was that practically every build required investing all spare points into vitality. MXL changed that up to where it can help be tankier, but isn't absolutely necessary. I can get a melee sorc and invest everything into dex, or a crossbow necro and invest all in strength, or a caster with all energy. You get lots of life points from leveling up, gear, and passives, and there's no reason to use the run function so stamina is basically useless.
Deak2112
Deak2112
Onyx Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum