A reasonable(?) request

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A reasonable(?) request Empty A reasonable(?) request

Post by archon256 Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Now that D2Clicker has apparently taken out a lot of the tedium involved in crafting items, maybe the next step is to do something about the amount of space shrines take up?

MedianXL has 15 types of shrines, and each shrine takes up 2 item slots and holds 10 charges when full. A PlugY page has 100 slots, so that's 50 shrines per page. There's nothing stopping a player from endlessly collecting shrines on single player, except for the increasing amount of time it takes to navigate through the stash and group the shrines according to type.

I propose the following recipes:
Code:
      Empty Abandoned Shrine Bag + 5x full (10 shrines) Abandoned Shrines => Abandoned Shrine Bag (5 shrines)
Abandoned Shrine Bag (5 shrines) + 5x full (10 shrines) Abandoned Shrines => Abandoned Shrine Bag (10 shrines)
Abandoned Shrine Bag (95 shrines) + 5x full (10 shrines) Abandoned Shrines => Abandoned Shrine Bag (100 shrines)
and
Code:
Abandoned Shrine Bag (100 shrines) => Abandoned Shrine Bag (95 shrines) + 5x full (10 shrines) Abandoned Shrines
Abandoned Shrine Bag (95 shrines) => Abandoned Shrine Bag (90 shrines) + 5x full (10 shrines) Abandoned Shrines
Abandoned Shrine Bag (5 shrines) => Empty Abandoned Shrine Bag  + 5x full (10 shrines) Abandoned Shrines

That's 20 incremental and 20 decremental recipes per shrine, for a total of 15*40 = 600 cubemain lines. In return you can now store 20 times as many shrines on one stash page.

All the shrine bags could use the same icon (old six-angel bag icon?) just colored differently. There's no need for separate icon for bags with 5 shrines vs bags with 100 shrines etc., as long as the description text mentions how many there are in each (like shrines and charges).

Bonus: Empty shrine bags could drop only in lvl 120 (hard?) ubers and tough bosses could even drop bags filled with 5-100 shrines.

I know we talked about this briefly for Sigma, but I thought I'd mention it here as well since Ultimative seems to be alive and well (and this doesn't involve overhauling any major game systems, just combining items).
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

A reasonable(?) request Empty Re: A reasonable(?) request

Post by Borgin Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:30 pm

It does seem to require a not-insignificant amount of work, though- each cubemain entry would have to be accompanied by its sister entry in misc.txt for an item with the # of charges. So 600 lines x 2 = 1200 lines. And doesn't misc.txt have a limit...?

It's certainly feasible- mostly a lot of copypasta- but is it worth it?

(frankly I kind of like the idea, as it saves a lot of space and time, imo)

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:42 pm

I must confess I have no experience with misc.txt or cubemain.txt, but if what you say is true, wouldn't it be an additional 300 lines (15 different shrine-bags x 20 levels of 5 charges each) instead of 600?

Still considerable, but hopefully they can all be generated via excel formulas.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 pm

archon256 wrote:I must confess I have no experience with misc.txt or cubemain.txt, but if what you say is true, wouldn't it be an additional 300 lines (15 different shrine-bags x 20 levels of 5 charges each) instead of 600?
Derp, you're right, I just doubled your #, didn't bother to actually think your number was one for adding and one for subtracting. My b.

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 am

Bags.....I just played a mod of Diablo which got gem bags.........If you can save space and does not require shit load of modding,yea,why not?
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 am

Is that mod by chance Chaos Empire? Had some interesting concepts, but was very over the top and not well balanced. Gem bags were definitely nice  Smile 
buffaloburger
buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:14 am

Actually it was something else,forget the name,it was a really confusing mod,very hard to play in solo,we were talking about it somewhere in this forum.....been too long forgot  Embarassed 
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:18 am

wow123400 wrote:Actually it was something else,forget the name,it was a really confusing mod,very hard to play in solo,we were talking about it somewhere in this forum.....been too long forgot  Embarassed 
Probably Aftermath.

But this is nothing new to MXL, it's the same idea as the 2x Arcane Shard(1) -> Arcane Shards(2) recipes and the similar Signet stacking recipes. Only reason I suggested making them into Bags is because if we had "Greater Abandoned Shrine Stacks (50 charges)" or something instead then players would expect to be able to do
Greater Abandoned Shrine Stacks (50 charges) + Rare Sacred item => Greater Abandoned Shrine Stacks (49 charges) + Crafted item
which would mean adding a ton more lines to cubemain.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:19 am

Yea,actually it makes more sense now
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael