Best Starter

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Starter Empty Best Starter

Post by M3T4M0R5H1S Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:47 am

So, my main PC, my desktop, died in a horrible flame of glory due to its PSU and I'm stuck with a laptop with a very bad APU lol. I'm getting back into D2 now that it's the easiest thing to run on my PC and my friend is getting into it. However, with all of the updates since I've been out of the loop I'm lost on what type of character I should create that's efficient with easy to craft/find items and doesn't generally take a lot of skill.

I don't want builds that offer me fun or anything for this character, since this one is so I can find gear for the interesting ones. I'm just asking for a good way to farm for me and my friend easily. Currently I'm a level 29-30ish nagisin on the server so I'm still a little bit away from getting a lot good things to choose from. Should I continue playing assassin? I know that they use to faceroll things extremely easily, but that required max block and decent items which will be hard without a way to get charms quickly.

So if any of you could offer some insight for me into what I should play I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

M3T4M0R5H1S.
M3T4M0R5H1S
M3T4M0R5H1S
Shredder

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Best Starter Empty Re: Best Starter

Post by Malah Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:26 am

Caster Sorc, Javazon, 2H Barb, Melee Necro are fairly easy to gear up and start mowing things down with.

I've heard Ele Druid is likewise but I haven't played it; throwsin should be fairly effortless but I don't know what the gear curve is like, which is the only thing stopping me from putting the nagisin first.
Malah
Malah
Shredder

Back to top Go down

Post by M3T4M0R5H1S Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 am

Last time I played all of those things you mentioned they were hard as hell to make good lol. Ele druid got nerfed hard from the hunting banshee thing so I don't have an interest really in making an elemental druid. I would try throwsin, but it took someone giving me SoTS last ladder just to be able to clear things efficiently.
M3T4M0R5H1S
M3T4M0R5H1S
Shredder

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by whist Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 am

Mudkip
Water starter is always the best
whist
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

Back to top Go down

Post by M3T4M0R5H1S Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 am

Back in my day we only had squirtle, charmander, and bulbasaur.
M3T4M0R5H1S
M3T4M0R5H1S
Shredder

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:41 pm

and to be a bit more serious again:

Elemental Druid is still really strong and can farm Kurast 3k easily.

Fire Ice sorc can farm kurast easy, quite possibly also TA ( both in destruction ofc.)

JAvazon is one of the few i wouldnt farm k3kba with, but quite possibly TA ( or when you get the sacred Athulas Hand that has Javelin Nova as a proc, go fauzt)

Ice / lightning Sorc can farm pretty much everything imo. Using Tempest and Shatter the flesh = TA is easy mode.

Melee necro can easily do TA, not as easy in K3kba

Throwzin has a hard time in k3 but should be doable in ta with low items ( before you get tracker set)

nagizin is a char i wouldnt recommend for farming, as it will be quite difficult to survive places like k3 and ta without a shield for a block.

Spearzon might also be quite strong for farming, not sure, havent tried it yet...

and ofcourse, the easiest would be: Fucking traprat. This sucker can farm k3kba, Duncraig, Khalimgrad, TA, Fauzt.... so yea, take a pick mate, though i would go with Traprat as it is really easy to gear up ( dont really need much other than +skills and some elemental dmg....)

PhoenixRising
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by axios Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:46 pm

dude charmandler/torchic etc ftw.makes progress much easier since first areas are always grassy
axios
axios
Slain Soul

weaK

Back to top Go down

Post by whist Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm

PhoenixRising wrote:and to be a bit more serious again

My retarded reply was sarcasm. OP's question has already been asked (and answered) at least 9000 times.
whist
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 pm

I hear the best starter is the search function. It has so many builds.

Feeling kinda duchey today. xD
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Bowzon...very easy...it can do dest dunc only with TU
romanN1
romanN1