Melee Sorceress - Build questions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melee Sorceress - Build questions Empty Melee Sorceress - Build questions

Post by Kaljurei Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:55 pm

So I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback about the Melee Sorc, about how she's the best melee, etc. However, I'm curious as to what kind of build you follow on her. Bladestorm has shit aiming and Spiral Dance is pretty much the only physical skill that you could possibly use on her. Or are you all talking about a spell damage build?

Kaljurei
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Melee Sorceress - Build questions Empty Re: Melee Sorceress - Build questions

Post by archon256 Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Let me warn you right now. The melee sorc is the most boring melee build I've played (yes, even more than 2h zon, at least with that you can test out different oskills).

You're going to be using Moonstrike for the HP buff, and then either Bladestorm or Spiral Dance. Forever. From the moment you start.

You might think "Hmm, she's a sorc, so maybe I can use spells to spice it up?" Nope, her uberskill locks out all spellcasting (which isn't something you can change, otherwise non-melee sorcs will end up using it). The most you can do is summon Ice elementals to tank for you, I guess.

Of course most people don't really care about all that. As long as the build is tanky and can farm quickly who cares if you're just spamming the same skill (and one other for buff) all day, right?

archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:51 pm

True...effective, yet one skill build.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by whist Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:52 pm

How does Bladestorm have shitty aiming...?
whist
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:10 pm

cause they all tend to go to the upper left corner iirc.
Gekko64
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaljurei Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 pm

It never seemed to hit any melee targets iirc, but the last time I played a Melee sorc was probably the 2012 version.

Well to be honest, my first character now was Melee Necro, so that's Parasite spam lol.

So what about build and gear?

Kaljurei
Darkwarden

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Kaljurei wrote:
Well to be honest, my first character now was Melee Necro, so that's Parasite spam lol.
Melee Necro can do the following things:
1) Summon Shadows (useful even with 1 pt)
2) Summon Void Archon (useful even with 1 pt)
3) Summon Devil's Fury Totem/Howling Totem (I usually don't bother with this)
4) Cast Sacrifices (or Devil's Fang Totem oskill) (free tanks with knockback and slow)
5) Leap around with Angel of Death (jump over walls and through jail bars, boss-killer)
6) Teleport around with Bend the Shadows (0 timer) (more mobility than AoD, but needs you to summon a minion first and drops your DR. I combine this with #1 to have Demon Blood aura up all the time).

Not as much as barb or 'sin, but definitely more than melee sorc.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Bladestorm is awesome skill, but rapes your mana pool ultra fast if you decide to put there many hard points. Spiral dance is shit skill imho, bcs you are forced to obtain it from item and has huge delay before nova comes out. If you love melee builds, you will be entertained enough with her huge killspeed. But enough of those subjective shits and lets move on:

Skill plain, lazy ass variation(fire/light, my favourite btw): smax baneblade, moonstrike, living flame, warp armor, 1pt nova charge, 1pt firedance(only if you have starhawk or auhe belt), bladestorm the rest.

Stats: str enough for gear, dex rest

Early game equip: TU warp armor, TU ceremonial armor, deadfall, topspin helm, any boots, any gloves, rings ofc perf empyreans, any amulet, shield TU kite

Midgame: good balefire or hammertime wierd crafted warp blade with lots of life leech, perfect kra RW in ceremonial armor, for belt i prefer deadfall over truce rw, boots dex crafts with celerity proc or akarats trek, gloves also dex crafts or SU gauntlets if u find them, helm witchunters or SU royal tiara, empyreans, amulet: good lamen of archbishop roll or 4all skills max damage and some stats rare, On rw shield

Endgame: If u manage to get the legendary Starhawk, then go for On Ceremonial armor RW, auhe belt, shield Judgesin or SSSU tower shield, rest random godly gay uniques like bad moods, beads, etc..
If you get SSU warp blade, Shaula(wouldnt suggest) or even SSSU warp blade and stay focused on physical/magic instead of rainbow starhawk, then SSU mask, SSSU ceremonial, SSSU whatever the rest
tencanek
tencanek
Dark Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 pm

tencanek wrote:
Early game equip: TU warp armor, TU ceremonial armor, deadfall, topspin helm, any boots, any gloves, rings ofc perf empyreans, any amulet, shield TU kite
You mean TU warp blade, I'm guessing.

I'd also recommend playing around with a honorific warp blade. You can cube it with ctc Crucify on attack, ctc Miasma on attack and life on kill (don't bother with ctc Spike Nova, you have two other procs anyway and Spike Nova has ND). You can get the gold for it by farming Grubber elites in first two A3 desert areas, which makes it a cheaper alternative than a TU weapon. Save the arcane crystals for your armor.

/generic melee advice
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm

^^ Good advice on the mo's and honorific for early game.
Here's a similar thread with good advice.
http://www.medianxl.com/t2720-help-my-sorceress
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next