Might & Magic : Duel of Champions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Might & Magic : Duel of Champions Empty Might & Magic : Duel of Champions

Post by iwansquall Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Aside from busy with real life, playing mobile game and playing other game pc games, i pretty much just hooked up with this game:

Might & Magic : Duel of Champions Duel-of-champions_01

Summary:
1. A bit simple than Magic the Gathering, but more complex than Hearthstone.
2. Really feel like you playing Heroes of Might & Magic on card/board, except smaller grid (4 x 4) and various other things.
3. It is free to play, easy to get couple of boosters at start of the games (i think hearthstone was harder)
4. Have single player mode where you can beat them for couple of gold boost at start.
5. Resource system use supply, might, magic and destiny. Supply is like mana in hearthstone where you replenish every turn. Might, magic and destiny is heroes stats which used as requirement for specific cards. Generally creatures require might, spell require magic while fortune require destiny.

Might & Magic : Duel of Champions 440px-Functionality_Cards_Hero

Game Details
1. 6 Factions + Neutral:
Each factions have their own theme to them. Haven focused on healing/buff/increase supply. Inferno focused on heavy-attack creature. Academy have magic channel. Necropolis focusing on poison and weakening enemy. Stronghold have enrage or bloodthirst. Sanctuary have outmanuevre and bounce.
Additional you can add neutral type creature to you deck.

Might & Magic : Duel of Champions 440px-Functionality_Cards_Creature
On creature cards, it have :
a. Supply cost
b. Stats requirement (might,magic, destiny)
c. Attack damage (circle with spike)
d. Retaliation damage (diamond with spike)
e. Health (red circle)
f. Card description. This is super important to read for additional info.

Creature type usually:
a. Melee - Front line, must attack enemy front line first if there is any.
b. Shooter - Back line, can shoot any in the row
c. Flyer - Can be in any spot, same principle as melee.

For damage type (this mainly for certain physical or magic resist creature):
a. Physical
b. Magical

2. 7 schools of magic
Within factions, their heroes have their own set of magic and ability. Different schools have different purpose, but there are couple of similar one (mainly aoe offensive spell). Your deck can include usually 2 of the schools (some heroes have 3) so playstyle are varied depend on your heroes choice even within same factions.
Might & Magic : Duel of Champions 440px-Functionality_Cards_Spell
For spell, there couple of things:
1. Row - Target either 1 of 4 rows (up,down etc)
2. Column - Target either enemy front or back line (left, right etc)
3. Adjacent - Cross shape (including your own if you target their front column)

Take note of spell either it is enhancement (attach to creature), instant (one use and to graveyard), permanent/ongoing and until end of your next turn.

3. Fortune & Building.
Fortune are typical card that generally used to gain benefit outside of board such card draws, deck searching and taking stuff from graveyard. Fortune also have their own type of neutral and factions.
Might & Magic : Duel of Champions 440px-Functionality_Cards_Fortune
Additionally building is enhancement you add to the board that also varied depending on faction.

4. Events
8 cards you put into your deck which randomly draw each turns. Both you and your enemy can decide if you want to use it or not (have supply cost). Typically you use it if you dont have any cards else to use.
Might & Magic : Duel of Champions 460px-Functionality_Cards_Event

Hard to explain everything, I will just recommended you guys to play tutorial to get used to it since it much different than hearthstone (but much more similar to heroes of might & magic). You can start by visiting wiki or watch youtube.

Tips for starter:
1. Beat enemy in ranked once per faction and you will get starter deck (i think referral link already give all starter deck)
2. Refer here for promo code : https://www.facebook.com/duelcodes
3. First 3 campaign is good sources of good for early game. U need 15k for each booster (except griffin bane), get base set 2 for decent of base cards.
4. Level up to 5 then you will able to burn extra card for special foiled card and gold
5. Some easy achievement also give you booster pack, read it once you have decent deck.
6. Once you managed to get a hero card that you like, you can start customized your deck for specific game play.

My Referral Link (click this and we both get benefits)

Let me know if you have any question, Im still new to the game but I think i got basic covered already.

They already planned for another expansion pack in october with 100 new cards.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Might & Magic : Duel of Champions Empty Re: Might & Magic : Duel of Champions

Post by iwansquall Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 am

Seem no one ever reply to this thread.

Small updates:
1. 2 more expansion set after the first post: Sin of Betrayal and Time of Renewal
2. A lot of couples cards have been rebalanced, I noticed this once I started to play the game again. Made my old transition from early to late game much smoother.
3. I need more gold, so please help by playing and use my referral link Razz

New expansion really bring a lot of new mechanic. Most of the cards in new set is taken from older banned cards which then rebalanced to fit current meta.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:58 pm

So you build a deck around your hero card- kind of like the old CCG "Magi Nation"?

Seems kind of cool. I'll try to check it out!

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:30 am

Give it a try if you a HoMM fan as well.

Card placement in game are kinda scaled down of HoMM battle scene with front + back line.
Just take care when casting some spell, since you can accidentally hit your friendly side as well.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum