Need progression help on trap rat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need progression help on trap rat  Empty Need progression help on trap rat

Post by Spoose Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:41 pm

I fairly recently got 2/3 of the mini games finished, as well as BRC and the other leveling challenges on my trap rat. I've been having trouble progressing to the higher ubers and the like with only TUs/honorific gloves, so I've tried farming for the trap rat set as it's apparently ideal for mid game progression according to Mike's trap rat guide. I've tried farming terror K3K as it's biased towards set drops, but it feels practically impossible to take out the totems quickly using only thorn wall. Instead I've mainly done terror cows and terror TA but it feels as though I could be doing another area for much better drops with my current setup. https://imgur.com/a/W8maD has all my gear which is mainly socketed for magic find currently, along with rainbow gems in my weapon to max crushing blow. Any help as to gear optimization, farming optimization with my current setup, or upgrades via crafting/honorifics would be greatly appreciated.

Spoose
Invader

Back to top Go down

Need progression help on trap rat  Empty Re: Need progression help on trap rat

Post by MarcoNecroX Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:44 am

MO your rings as the first thing (thunderhammer)
Not convinced about shield, a lot of those stats aren't useful.

weapon looks pretty bad too. Can't remember if there is any good runeword, but i'm sure a craft can beat that easily.

already changing the weapon for a sacred crafted blade, should improve your damage a lot, maybe double it. From there on I would probably use egg trap against totems and try to kite skeletons outside of it.
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:01 am

I also change helm for the ¨Lo runeword ¨in a druid helm.
And I usually prefer chain mail over Splint mail.
gg2
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 am

Socketing and crafting for max block is your first priority. I'd start farming in Duncraig and/or TA right away. K3K is a waste of your time (cause of totems).
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoose Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:05 am

MarcoNecroX wrote:MO your rings as the first thing (thunderhammer)
Not convinced about shield, a lot of those stats aren't useful.

weapon looks pretty bad too. Can't remember if there is any good runeword, but i'm sure a craft can beat that easily.

already changing the weapon for a sacred crafted blade, should improve your damage a lot, maybe double it. From there on I would probably use egg trap against totems and try to kite skeletons outside of it.
I MO'd the rings, which seems to be helping quite a bit. I'm only using the shield because it was recommended at some point in the thread for the extra block chance, along with the extra defense. Somehow I manage to get more damage from it compared to my TU buckler as well. As for the weapon, I tried crafting a decent sacred Kriss as it was all I was able to find. It didn't work that well even with what seemed like good rolls because of the pretty significant +damage from Mark of the Wind on my TU. Tried a RW with the same Kriss as well which had better +damage from Mark of the Wind, but it still didn't beat the TU. I'll probably try again if I find a sacred blade though.

gg2 wrote:I also change helm for the ¨Lo runeword ¨in a druid helm.
And I usually prefer chain mail over Splint mail.
I changed out the helm as well. It seems to have given a decent boost in defense and the proc seems to be helping even though it's barely noticeable. I'll probably keep the splint mail for the rainbow damage though.

Wotan wrote:Socketing and crafting for max block is your first priority. I'd start farming in Duncraig and/or TA right away. K3K is a waste of your time (cause of totems).
Any idea as to doing that? I've messed around a bit with crafting, but I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about getting max block. I've looked over the documentation, and I'm assuming that I'd need to craft dex gear of some sort using Abandoned Shrines but I'm still not entirely sure as to what rolls I should be going for otherwise.

Spoose
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:19 am

Abandoned shrines - you got this one right, and perfect amethysts in every socket until you reach the goal. I'd craft boots and/or belts, and once you get your hands on the set you can start farming duncraig casually and do quests like the dragon in Bremmtown with no problem.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoose Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 am

Wotan wrote:Abandoned shrines - you got this one right, and perfect amethysts in every socket until you reach the goal. I'd craft boots and/or belts, and once you get your hands on the set you can start farming duncraig casually and do quests like the dragon in Bremmtown with no problem.
Alright, I think I'll work towards making some dex gloves and boots with a mix of resists to keep them maxed out. The Kickstarter Sin guide seems to be a great reference for that, so it shouldn't be too difficult especially once I start farming signets for the extra points in dex. Would it be a good idea to replace my current shield with a dex crafted one as well? My current one isn't really preferred for the build, but the damage and block% seem to make it worth keeping.

Spoose
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 am

I wouldnt craft anything other than boots and belt. Cause the set doesn't have those parts. So later you can combine the set with your crafted gear.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum