[XVr] Tantrumdin

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[XVr] Tantrumdin Empty [XVr] Tantrumdin

Post by suchbalance Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Intro

With the release of XVr and the rebalanced drop rates, I thought "Why not get with the program?" and decided that my main character this reset would be based around a crafted weapon. Thus my Tantrumdin was born.

Players who have used the oskill Tantrum before know that it is most suitable for Assassins or Barbarians, who get free easily scalable damage to combo with it. However the hipster in me decided to go for a hybrid WDM / Spell damage character that uses an underrated TU helm + equal focus on WDM and spell procs to dish out damage. We also make use of 1pt wonder spells like Mind Flay & Slayer for some uberquests or to help deal with annoying mobs.

Wanted to post this showcase, before I progress further on the character to demonstrate what an effective and fun to play starter build this is for the current ladder.

Uberlevels Showcase

Details

• Stats & Skills
    Spoiler:

• Gear
    Spoiler:

• Ubers
    Spoiler:

PS. As I also levelled with this build from lvl23 I know it works great from the beginning. Will probably write another in-depth guide, similar to my Amazon one, to help beginners for the new forum.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

[XVr] Tantrumdin Empty Re: [XVr] Tantrumdin

Post by TrubiHUN Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Wow nice mini guide bro ! Maybe u can make a javazon guide too ? Anyway I think I will try this build. What u does at the beginning with physical immunes ?

TrubiHUN
Prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:42 pm

TrubiHUN wrote:Wow nice mini guide bro ! Maybe u can make a javazon guide too ? Anyway I think I will try this build. What u does at the beginning with physical immunes ?

Colloseum?

MUS01
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Good job again suchbalance! Cookie monster is coming Very Happy.
romanN1
romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:56 pm

Fantastic stuff. I've been theorycrafting a bow din like yours even since i saw you post in screenshot thread. Wonderful idea to use tantrum.
Though I'm surprised you can get away with so few on striking procs. I suppose 6 tantrums per second is quite the DPS.

@MUS01, colloseum is a holy skill. Besides, tantrum strikes so frequently that with all the elemental damage from the gear he probably destroys physical immunes just fine
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Yeah, I post before read the guide, XD.... After a quick read, yeah, he deals with physical inmunes using flat elemental damage from charms or gear, with the new skill for unholy (- elemental resistances)

MUS01
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:53 am

TrubiHUN wrote:Wow nice mini guide bro ! Maybe u can make a javazon guide too ? Anyway I think I will try this build. What u does at the beginning with physical immunes ?
http://www.medianxl.com/t1613p130-mxl-miniguides-compilation-3-post-your-own#149279
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:30 am

I never tried a paladin character but this guide makes me want to try one. BTW can I use the RW with tantrum early?
powtek
powtek
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Thanks guys Smile

@powtek yes you can. I levelled with it to begin with. You just upgrade the base short war bow whenever you can meet the requirements and when you get to 120 you make a double MO version in a sacred.

The only bad thing about levelling with tantrum is that prior to farming Meph on hatred (for TUs) your tantrums deal barely any damage, so you are just getting carried by VoJ and SoD until then which are not the fastest killers on their own. After you get the TUs however it's a breeze till the end.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitriy Of Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Awesome video for so mediocre equipped character, its seem really effective and defensive at the same time!  Clap Clap
Cookie ofc! Thumbs Up

Dmitriy Of
Curst Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum