Melee builds - bad?? (melee sorc)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melee builds - bad?? (melee sorc) Empty Melee builds - bad?? (melee sorc)

Post by randomrolf Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 am

Hello!
All the melee builds iv'e done have proven to bee a disaster.
What the problem?

I have good rw's (elemental stones) and some op sacreds.
But still. When im trying places like heroic areas im getting killed by 1 punch or some psn/elemental damage.

If there's some guide for a good melee that has high survival ability and still are able to be sorta fun. Then i would love to try it.
randomrolf
randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

Back to top Go down

Melee builds - bad?? (melee sorc) Empty Re: Melee builds - bad?? (melee sorc)

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am

Stack up resists (both maximum and regular). Get some %DR and flat DR is good too. LOSIM (life on striking in melee) , LAEK(life after each kill) , %LL all good depending on the build/character. All the melee's have good to great survivorbility with dedicated gear and being able to actually control/know your character.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am

There are many melee builds that are effective, but they all run the obvious risk of having to be close to the action. losim, laek, leech, dr and chance to block are their survival tools when facing hvy dmg enemies toe to toe. Agree with Wotan completely there

A friend on d2m realms by the name of mNightelf showed me how to make an incredible melee sorc using certain gear and skills. I'll write it down next time i'm online and post it for you here.
DanielWolf
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am

DanielWolf wrote:There are many melee builds that are effective, but they all run the obvious risk of having to be close to the action. losim, laek, leech, dr and chance to block are their survival tools when facing hvy dmg enemies toe to toe. Agree with Wotan completely there

A friend on d2m realms by the name of mNightelf showed me how to make an incredible melee sorc using certain gear and skills. I'll write it down next time i'm online and post it for you here.

Oh thx!

Im such a bad player when it comes to "think on my own" Dunno what's best and what's right. But ye, iv'e tried to get alot of DR. For the moment i got 35 but that's on my treedruid. Still dies kinda hard.
randomrolf
randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 am

Wotan wrote:Stack up resists (both maximum and regular). Get some %DR and flat DR is good too. LOSIM (life on striking in melee) , LAEK(life after each kill) , %LL all good depending on the build/character. All the melee's have good to great survivorbility with dedicated gear and being able to actually control/know your character.

ah ok. Well iv'e tried to get as much DR as possible but it's hard to fit in all the pieces as getting LOSIM and LAEK at the same time.
But i'll manage this on some angle.

I got one kinda noobie question since im not aware of much of this stuff..

If i get 100- att enemy resistances, does that mean that the enemies "immunity" don't work anymore? If i had -100 psn and met some monster with psn immunity. For example just a Shaman or something.

thanks for the responses as well Smile
randomrolf
randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 am

You cannot remove immunity with -% to enemy resistance. However you will deal a whole lot more damage to them and i think 100% is the maximum amount of natural resistance that is carried by heroic/elite mobs. So by removing 100 you make them more vulnerable to your attacks.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

Wotan wrote:You cannot remove immunity with -% to enemy resistance. However you will deal a whole lot more damage to them and i think 100% is the maximum amount of natural resistance that is carried by heroic/elite mobs. So by removing 100 you make them more vulnerable to your attacks.

ah ok. Well, still don't have astrogha or belial dead so Surprised

One more question. Where is "proving grounds?" is that nilathak place?
randomrolf
randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am

Flayer Jungle ACT 3. Where Death Projector is.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 am

Wotan wrote:Flayer Jungle ACT 3. Where Death Projector is.

Oh right! Snap , got brain freeze for some time there.

Now im just bothering you, but hehe. One more question!

How do i kill astrogha and belial?
randomrolf
randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 pm

What character/build? Best way to kill them is to have a strong single elemental attack/spell (applies for casters , SB barbs , etc.) stack up to -199% enemy resist (of that particular elemental attack), but i've done it plenty with only around -120% , it takes a bit longer, but i have more survivability. Both bosses are more tricky than hard , once you get what to do it becomes a tedious routine farming for a good charm/trophy. Also in the Guide section of the forum there is a "ALL ubers guide" you should check in there for tips.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum