Hardcore Melee Necro or Whats Wrong With Ultimative

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Hardcore Melee Necro or Whats Wrong With Ultimative

Post by mentatq Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello guys. This going to be long post, so be prepared Smile First of all I'm not a complete noob in Median XL, had some exp with sin few years ago so basicaly know what is it all about. This time I started to play Ultimative and picked melee necro ( cause I like it ). Done all quests up to Destruction, mostly no problems. Troubles and weird crap started to be more noticeable when I went to do Uberquests\Levels\Bosses.
1st thing I've noticed, maybe earlier but more and more often later is bugged or donno what the heck is wrong with this skill - Angel of Death.
a) Best place to see that it's something wrong with it is K3K. As simple as it sounds - I miss when jump on towers with AoD having 95% of attack rate. I can destroy it in one hit if attack succeeded, but sometimes I can jump like 5-6 times and miss it, sometimes it get's very irritating when I farm this uberlevel, cause I miss, jump again, miss again, jump again, get all skeletons from level near me, jump-miss, meh...
b) Same goes for any other random enemy, specialy uber zones. Instead of killing easy boss\enemy with 1-2 hits ( got nice poison dmg ), sometimes I jump around like an idiot having 85-95% of attack rate. But in real deal it's more like 25-50% attack rate. Making the best necro melee skill mostly useless crap in hard situations, cause you never know are you gonna hit or miss.
c) Sometimes when surrounded by the enemy and try to jump, necro instead of jumping forward, jumps up and down on same possition and dies cause of that. Donno if it's a glitch or a feature tho.
Next wierd things I've noticed are about Uber zones\bosses mainly. I'll describle all as short as I can.
Toraja: I remember I had no trouble here when played MXL before. Now, something is wrong completely. When I summon edyrems to remove immunes from mobs, all they do is just insta die from any hit, supposedly they must cast shield on themselfs, but they do nothing, just die-die-die from any hit, having been able to remove immune from 1-2 mob in a time. But thats just stupid considering this level has tons of ranged attack mobs, making this uberzone just nightmare.
Quov Tsin: In original MXL, both info and videos, this boss was not hard if you had ~500 all res, maxed to 95% and some absorb. I thought the same, before I summoned him in Ultimative and just got rekt allmost easily with my 500+ res, 95% maxed out and all absorbs 10%. Having been able to stand in one spot and had very little dmg from his spells before, now his dmg went from allmost none to "I'm gonna rape yo ass in 1.5sec". 2nd problem is, even if I manage to get near and attack, he just stun locks me with his Magic ( omg ) making me just standing still muppet not being able to run away or at least use TP from him, thats again leads me to almost insta death and not being able to do Anything to him, at least in close combat.
Rest problems I face are mostly based on how hard to play melee necromancer in this MOD. Any phys immune is one big pain in the ass, cause as far as I understand - parasite magic dmg only works if you deal phys dmg to enemy 1st. So Areas like Faust and Triune are closed for me unless I get some crazy gear with AoE elemental dmg. Will continue this topic ( cause there are more questions, but less important ) if I get some decent explanations what is wrong with all I have described above. Sorry for crappy english
mentatq
mentatq
Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Star Re: Hardcore Melee Necro or Whats Wrong With Ultimative

Post by GregMXL Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:35 pm

a. Totems have avoid so it's a bit harder. Really not a hard place to go through. Once you get to the one necromancer that isn't immune the place is cake.
b. Parasite or whirlpool should be able to take down single targets since it hits often compared to one angel of death attempt.
c. It is a glitch and I reported this in the bug thread.
Some characters are just not meant to do certain ubers. For Toraja you can respec to a Totem/Summoner with Rathma's Chosen on a minion and load up on Edyrems and Bend the Shadow all over the place.
Quov Tsin is alot easier to do with a caster and one specific spell damage and obvious gear check for resists. UHC Pally is so easy.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm

1 word: avoid

Istaryu
Curst Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:50 pm

1 word: dodge
romanN1
romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:39 pm

1 word: evade
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:23 am

You need PDR (not %DR) for quov tsin, I always forget how much, but it's not much. Try 50.
cowking
cowking
Clawstorm Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:26 am

mentatq wrote:
Rest problems I face are mostly based on how hard to play melee necromancer in this MOD. Any phys immune is one big pain in the ass, cause as far as I understand - parasite magic dmg only works if you deal phys dmg to enemy 1st. So Areas like Faust and Triune are closed for me unless I get some crazy gear with AoE elemental dmg. Will continue this topic ( cause there are more questions, but less important ) if I get some decent explanations what is wrong with all I have described above. Sorry for crappy english

Necromancer class-specific 2h weapon: Scythe (On hit: Mega Impact)

Mega Impact - 25% chance to cast on attack and reduces target physical resistance by -25% for 2 seconds.

This helps to remove physical immunities from a target that you are smashing. Use Jitan armor for additional elemental damage + use Stun on atack + use chance to cast Lava pit amulet = profit. On top of that you have graveyard for necrobots, punisher proc from xorine rings for necrobots when other mobs die = more profit.
Metalistas
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by mentatq Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 am

GregMXL wrote:a. Totems have avoid so it's a bit harder. Really not a hard place to go through. Once you get to the one necromancer that isn't immune the place is cake.
b. Parasite or whirlpool should be able to take down single targets since it hits often compared to one angel of death attempt.
c. It is a glitch and I reported this in the bug thread.
Some characters are just not meant to do certain ubers. For Toraja you can respec to a Totem/Summoner with Rathma's Chosen on a minion and load up on Edyrems and Bend the Shadow all over the place.
Quov Tsin is alot easier to do with a caster and one specific spell damage and obvious gear check for resists. UHC Pally is so easy.

1) Totems...standing structures...have avoid...seriously? Neutral Thats a lil bit dumb realy.
2) Bout Toraja: No-no-no, for why the heck I need to respec if game doesn't work how it ment to work ( considering info from documentation ). And 2nd, I don't remember such "stuff" from the time I've played melee sin before in original MXL.
Bout other chars, sorry, I don't accept things like: Play easier class, just because dev made it OP. Yes I saw that sins, sorcs and specialy palladins own the party in MXL. Havent seen around on youtube melee necro reking anyone, anyhow ( I mean like top hardest areas\bosses ) and playing him feels like everyone reking you cause close combat, lil avoid, lil phys absorb, not much def, huge dependence on gear.
cowking wrote:You need PDR (not %DR) for quov tsin, I always forget how much, but it's not much. Try 50.
Again, on youtube ppl didn't have same problems with same resists but in original MXL. So I'll consider that quov tsin was upgraded and I need more absorb, but still that won't help with stun lock.
Metalistas wrote:This helps to remove physical immunities from a target that you are smashing. Use Jitan armor for additional elemental damage + use Stun on atack + use chance to cast Lava pit amulet = profit. On top of that you have graveyard for necrobots, punisher proc from xorine rings for necrobots when other mobs die = more profit.
I don't have that armor Sad Have stun, have that amulet, maxed out graveyard. But still having troubles with phys immune golems, maybe I need even more poison dmg and -to enemy res.
P.S. - Is it normal that I'm getting destroyed in The Unformed Land, dealing not much dmg and loosing 30% HP from one hit, and even can't understand what type of dmg those enemies use, upgraded res to 95% - same thing, got more phys absorb, nothing changed Scratch
mentatq
mentatq
Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

How about listing your necro gear and charms so we can help you instead of complaining and finding it hard to believe that you can't stomp every uber with one character? Did you know that you can hop around with angel of death and -100 enemy poison resists and you will eventually take down single targets? Why are you not using Jitan armor? I'm not telling you to play an easier class. I'm telling you that certain ubers are catered to certain builds. There are ubers that will stomp summoner builds. That's just the way it goes. You can get Duncraig charm and trophy with a Melee Necro using jitan armor, jah circlet, kali gloves, doom ammy, deadfall belt, stacked fire resists honorific boots and regular double mo chthon runeword with no sigs eaten. Some characters just perform better in certain situations than others. You can run into Kurast with a plague avatar druid and clear the entire place in like 2 minutes. Doesn't mean you can't get it done with a Melee necro. You can even survive in Fauztinville with that same gear as long as you keep hitting with parasite. Try Fauztinville with a glass cannon character in basic t6 gear and see how long you last in there.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Make sure you have 174 FHR. Roll rare jewels with FHR/%AR if you're too lazy to craft.

Make sure you have at least ~8-10k AR.

If you find parasite damage lacking use T6 mace in your weapon switch to proc L24 bloodlust (also boosts your punisher damage). T6 Grim Wand has dark power. Combine either of these with exploding totem necro shield to stun entire areas if required.

You can double your damage with bane. Also breaks physical immunity of necrobots.

Black Cat (eld) RW necro scythe could also be interesting for fauzt. Comes with alot of MO space.

If you want high defense use Dragonheart (kra) RW armor.

Community tribute set boots have a nice proc that takes all heat off you. Should go off fairly often in densely packed areas.

For totems in kek like said use whirlpool boots and/or ctc balefire weapon/massacre on switch (burning veil boosts your magical damage). If you use dragonfire oil, ctc stormblast crafted gloves will carry that damage when it procs.

For barrels in dunc you should rather focus on high enough damage to clear a path so you never need to jump.

Mercs can really boost your dps/survivability if you take the time to gear them up. A1 priestess is probably the best for melee necro since vindicate has a damage boost. Use T6 short war bow to spread miasma all over the map (damage and velocity debuff), or Void RW for slow (you can bring this up with SU+ gear). That or Shockwave RW for pure damage. Use T6 studded leather for another damage buff (also boosts your punisher damage).

Also melee necro can farm dunc/fauzt/vizjun brains off just by using class set so I don't see how they're not reking it.

mentatq wrote:
cowking wrote:You need PDR (not %DR) for quov tsin, I always forget how much, but it's not much. Try 50.
Again, on youtube ppl didn't have same problems with same resists but in original MXL. So I'll consider that quov tsin was upgraded and I need more absorb, but still that won't help with stun lock.

The change is in the version log.

1.Z9 -> Omega
>>>> Quov Tsin: reduced Trinity Beam damage but added a physical damage component.

T6 Zombie Head gives 20% abs for everything. Easier jday charm 10%. You don't even need to go melee to kill him, use honorific -res +res gear and hailstorm from rare amu (+burning veil), or avalanche/ring of light from rare wand. You can make necro 100% immune to his damage.

mentatq wrote:
P.S. - Is it normal that I'm getting destroyed in The Unformed Land, dealing not much dmg and loosing 30% HP from one hit, and even can't understand what type of dmg those enemies use, upgraded res to 95% - same thing, got more phys absorb, nothing changed Scratch

They deal elemental damage of their own element that can't be stacked against. Absorb might work, haven't tried stacking it.

Life leech doesn't work there either.
cowking
cowking
Clawstorm Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: