Post by RollsRoyce Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Introduction

General Rating
[Strength] 9/10
[Fun] 7/10
[Tankiness] 8/10
[Farming ability] 10/10
[Uniqueness] 7/10
[Starting char] 7/10 its a very easy to play character that doesnt require anything specific to start !
[Beginner Friendly] 10/10 really eeezmode
[Uberability] 10/10 yeah man

Back to the roots
You want to have a little feeling from Clod back ? If so this is exactly the correct char for you ! If not this Guide presents a build
which shows some unused/underused build that you will probably like. Okay now lets go on, this Guide makes use of a Skill called Death
Shards, its a Skill that needs to be casted on a corpse and launches lots of Shards from it!

What is it All about ?
We basicly build this Character all around an oskill called Death Shards, its a Skill that requires a corpse, fortunately we
got Sacrifices to support us with the needed corpses. The general Gameplay is actually very boring but it is so easy to use this as a starting
character ! Some people might say ...weee your just another Javazon, however you can basicly answer: "Nope im actually a reanimator but im using
rest of my corpses efficiently !". This build is basicly a fusion between a Reanimator Nec and a WDM dealing version- And only you decide its actual output !

What Skills to use ? (Early Game)

Early Game we dont have Access to our Endgame Skills so i dont really want to go into detail in how to finish hatred. Try out the diffrent Skills of the
Necromancer and you will see as soon as you understand half of the skills you will be Level 50 and finished Hatred. From now on i assume you have Finished Hatred
and are above Level ~ 60 ( Baal and Cows should be prepare you quite good).

Death Shards

It deals 50% Weapon dmg and launches missiles from a targeted corpse, also it gains additional +3 Shards for every Softpoint ( thats the + Skills)
Spoiler:

To get this beautiful Skill there is only 1 way to get it : a rare/crafted Javelin ( ilvl >48)
I would advice you to start Terror and while regularly progressing through the Game watch out for any rare Javelin. It has its ilvl above 60 and will
assure youll get what you want. Since rerolling with oils can take a very very long time heres what can help you if you want to be sure
that the Weapon you got can actually get that skill:

• 25% IAS
  • 20% FRW
  • 4 Zon Skills
  • ctc Flurry of Javelins on kill

So once one of these modifiers appear its only based on luck on when youll get Death Shards !
Pros and Cons of this Build

+ Pros- Cons
No active Skillpoints needed for main SkillWe cant use one of these awesome NEC specific Weapons
Unlimited Corpses with Sacrifices Skillpretty boring Gameplay
Tanky as shit ~300-400k Defense and 30-40% Block + Dodge !Did i say its Gameplay is boring ?
Skillplan

The Skillplan is not easy to fully determine as there are many ways to go:

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Dsnr10

• Summon Skills => we dont have anything else for our left mouse button so give 1 pt each
  • DeathWard => 700% TCD and 30% Dodge SMAX

• Famine => Free dmg and Lifeleech Booked !
  • Dragonfire Oil -alright i like to have free 5-10k fire dmg

• Embalming : Damn so many good Skills - i love it do you ?
  • Talons Hold -free slow and meatshields -however i think 1 point is enough !

• Graveyard - 1 pt is nuff

To sum up a little:

• unlimited Corpses
  • healing on click ( yeah Sacrifice lambs trigger Life after kill Smile
  • passive fire dmg and lifeleech ( lots of it!)
  • good block/defense/avoid and more than 10k life you cant ask for anything else !
  • nothing can beat us since a Unique Necro Shield has the rare hit causes monster to flee !
  • additionally to the flee we got free slow and VA Armor even reduces enemy dmg even further ...
  • respeccing into elemental totem grants tri ele dmg if needed ( kabraxis elements etc ...)
  • passive punisher YAY
  • a simple craft is all we need - you can DO THIS !

Statpoints

Very easy here : Str for Gear and Rest into Dex ( dmg , AR and Block - nuff said)
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Stats2r

Strength: Just for Gear of course, early on this will be alot
Dexterity AAAAALLLLLLLLLL whats left
Vitality not in this build
Energy WTF is this shit ?
Early Game Gear

Play Melee Nec until you reach Terror and get your hands on the first rare Throwing Weapon. To give you an idea what weapons i used while playing this build i uploaded them:

Spoiler:

For the other Gear ill leave the choice. Check offline Docs and decide for the obvious Jitans Kamon// Deathfall//Featherclaw//Zealot Rush
and Hellspeak.

The only other Item worth mentioning here is  the Tu6 Grim Wand ( Blackheart) for its awesome oskill Dark power which equipps us with Magic dmg
and Crushing blow % !

General Gameplay

Yeah not that much to say about this char except - its a monster and it offers exactly the choice that can satisfy your needs !
Pure WDM based char - or Reanimator. In fact both use Sacrificial Lambs.

So you should be setuped with:

Main Weapon + shield // the ones for WDM approach and your switch Weapon set which can either be focused on buffs OR
you can choose the reanimator way- for this just press W everytime you cast sacrifices and enjoy your little army summoned !
The rest of the corspes ( which should be plenty - even after Prince of nothing) can be used for the explosion, enabling the hybrid character !

Uberquest Section

Im going to do this a bit diffrent than in my other guides, this time im listing the ubers in exact the way i did them in my testing character ingame
(note the pictures are not ordered yet !!)

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide CreatureflameWell we can exploit the fact that if CoF is at the top of the map we can lay corpses there and make them explode from the diffrent side Smile-really not hard
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide TalrashProbably the easiest Uber no strategy here kill and get AWESOME loot !
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Tran10Stay as much back as possible - as soon as you clean the entrance its a slow but steady process - no strategy just precast Lambs and DS them
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide DeathprojApproach Projector from the left side, lay corpses run and cast DS while running - should be done soon
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Azmo10]i really had some good luck here, i think i needed 5-6 tries. Precast all you got go in and hope you can find and lure him to a corner with as less mobs as possible - if you can manage this (i was exactly at the entrance since corpse recovery is easiest) you can easyily kill him ( especially with Jitans Kamon on kill proc Very Happy)
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Khalim10Enter and just focus the Avatar to the right of the entrance- run there cast lambs, the upcoming reanimates should keep mobs busy while you can start to DS - eventually Avatar dies
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Jitan10Well i coulndt outdamage his regeneration with my DS - so there are 3 ways to handle this:

1. Gul Nec Staff Rw - Flamestrike
  2. Hailstorm Ammy ( i used that one)
  3. Rathma reanimates - they can keep him in parmaknockback !

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Iotss10Really this was one of the worst Uber i ever did - however Shadows and VA are magic immune so they really help here -but the lag oh my lord the lag ...
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Legacy10Get lots of summons// reanimates up and prepare your anus ...i mean amy with hailstorm ...summon him cast hailstorm if you die thats np at least i was able to get my body back :Dand kill him
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Infern10In cast some corpses make them explode cast some more corspes watch out for Deathstrike and unseelie Dames ..rest is cake
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Butche10Sucks ... summon lots of reanimates and multiple Butcher, hope that a circle spawns with a Butcher included and kill him then ( thats the reason i did him that late)
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide K3kba10Skip the totems and just run to the Summoner at the right bottom ...set up corpses and start exploding ... easy that way but youll see we are not made to farm this uber
Afterwards i moed my still Tier 6 Gear a bit more and added some runes. The next step i did was to enter Act 3 Sewers and go farm for some neat Skulls/Stones since i really wanted to have that 4 Poison Javelin rw. Invest some time here and you wont regret !!
(the more life after kill on your weapon the better you will do down there !)

afterwards i expect some niice Thriller Weapon, heres mine which is cutting through:

Spoiler:

Good if you managed to get that Weapon we can now focus on some more Uber that will be alot better to handle than before:
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Akarat10Lay down some Corpses inside the upper house , precast some traps, summon and watch them burn
MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Rathma10Nothing special -youll see what i mean
At this point i think its time to sum up a little - so far i feel really squishy (~60k Defense only) my dmg feels really okish
i prefer to use fairy ring over DS though (especially since at this point you probably wont have a super awesome crafted DS weapon)

you should now roll rare rings and a rare amu with some + skills and keep in mind to have -100 enemy fire res
You can exchange your gloves with a low lvl dex craft if you feel for it ( however theres really no need to)
Try to farm for some Signets now, heres what i feel is really easy:

• Tran
  • Act 3 Sewers
  • Nihlathak

At this point you should also be able to clear Fauztinville ( very slowly though) in Destruction - So if you havent done
already, go and finish Minigames/Veteran eyes and BRC, if you dont know what that is refer to the Documentation !

At any point of the game pick all Shrines and roll a new Weapon ...this is the best i got so far
Spoiler:

the best Proc by far is ATMG then SoR and Flurry of Javelins, Spike Nova is complete useless since it launches around you !

We proceed our Uberkilling Streak

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Judgem10Id recommend 2 ways for this Uber, for once ill remember you that you got Rathma Choosen, however this is by far not needed.
Since i hate uncontrolled reanimates popping up and disturbing the process id advice to get some R.I.P. addition to your gear if you plan to destroy the upcoming avatars with Fairy Ring, recast shadows since they are Magic immune and can handle this shit until Avatars pop up. The other way will also provide you with all oyu need for CoV Uberquest- craft yourself some fbasic fire spell dmg Gear - equip that and respec to Summoner and use Jinn Uberskill. Gul Runeword has Flamestrike oskill which can be used to pretty much incinerate the Angels- all in all its an annoying uber which however has to be done since its charm is incredible

TO BE CONTINUED ...as always gimme suggestions //ideas // strategies

Last edited by RollsRoyce on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 15 times in total
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Empty Re: MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide

Post by hellgrind Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:02 pm

I think u mess up something with bbcode and u miss early game gear part ;]
As for the guide, i don't understand why it's in necro section when u show barb skilltree.
hellgrind
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

Back to top Go down

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide Empty Re: MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide

Post by RollsRoyce Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm

haha Very Happy did i say im finished ?
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:06 pm

No, but i assume it was finished ;d
hellgrind
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Good idea, well done, also same could be used on barb or holy pal Razz

vadust
Scaled Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm

vadust wrote:Good idea, well done, also same could be used on barb or holy pal Razz
Since nec has free corpses from its skilltree i thought a real guide can only be written for Nec.
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

u call it boring but the playstyle seems still be more fun than xbow in my opinion
Str0b3l
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Well there are some unique amulet with Sacrafice as oskill.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:48 pm

vadust wrote:Well there are some unique amulet with Sacrafice as oskill.

could make maybe better ones but that is cheap option for all, since not everybodys having such an amulet
Str0b3l
Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:02 pm

You are right. Smile 

vadust
Scaled Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top