MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide - Page 4 Empty Re: MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide

Post by taem Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Can it spawn on a spear melee weapon? Or only a javelin missile weapon?
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide - Page 4 Empty Re: MXLU XI - DSRN - A Necromancer Guide

Post by RollsRoyce Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 pm

i think javelin only
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Thorti wrote:How long did it take you to get a weapon with death shards? So I mean how many oils of renewal?

I have a short spear at item level 49, threw around 200 oils on it and never got death shards Sad

You have to remember that the ilvl 48 is for a tier 1 qlvl 1 item. In this case a javelin. There is a link to the somewhere around here to the q-lvl a-lvl r-lvl chart.

grimjerk
grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorti Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:23 am

and translated to my understanding... that means what?^^
thats too many abbreviations for me Smile

Thorti
Maelstrom Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:18 pm

i never understood that either, find a rare in k3ba (ilvl 60) should spawn on that then.
Arc_Razer
Arc_Razer
Arachnida

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Here is the link to the amazon basin's affix level page. Link

There are some helpful posts in Rolls's Forecast guide which will aid you in using tbis chart.

grimjerk
grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

Back to top Go down

Post by viet980 Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 am

Please make some videos showcase for this guide, thanks so much  Smile 

viet980
Invader

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventus Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:42 pm

can I use death shard on left mouse button?

Juventus
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:59 pm

I find it funny that you think this build has boring gameplay. Seems like a fun playstyle to me, you need to switch between sacrifices and death shards, you can blink around with BtS and there's some strategy involved with prepping corpses before entering a new area (like when entering Lower Kurast) and pulling enemies over them, compared to the standard xbow necro spam.

Wouldn't Howling Totem help quite a bit, considering the build revolves around multihitting WDM?
I'd consider Lamia w/ Rathma's Chosen, but IIRC their Doom damage is pretty low.

archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:52 am

Alright, I've been leveling this build and I'm almost at max level in A1 Dest, so I thought I'd mention some things...

1) I leveled to 66 as a Totemancer. Super fast clearing and mobility with BtS.

2) Once I hit 66 I respecced fully to a xbow-style skill tree and my kill speed dropped a lot. Not really surprising, since spell totems are pretty strong. But that's not the main problem, the problem is that the Sacrifices/Death Shards combo is very "clunky" to use. I would often have situations where I cast Sacrifices and clear a mob only for a single monster to run away from the corpses. Now I have to wait 9+ seconds for the timer to end so I can kill it. Or in areas where monster density was low I'd kill everything on the screen in 2 seconds, teleport to next mob and then wait for 7 seconds for timer to end.
        In the end I just respecced and maxed Fireheart totems. Both Fireheart totems and Dragonblood Oil scale with -enemy fire res (currently at 100 with honorific gear) and the totems can autoaim and kill nearly everything except fire immunes, so I don't have to use Sacrifices as much.

3) You should mention the Devil's Fang Totem oskill on the Hellspeak TU shield. It's just as annoying to use as the above combo because you need a corpse to summon it, but even more so because the Sacrifices timer blocks it. So even if you've teleported long enough for the Sacrifices timer to end you still need to wait the 9+ seconds after casting it before you can cast Devil Fang's Totem.

That said, it's still an incredibly powerful skill for fighting Act bosses and other tough single monsters. You essentially get an endless army of reanimates much faster than with Sacrifices, as well as a lot more corpses to Death Shard.

There's also a very interesting aspect to it - if you cast Devil's Fang totem on a pile of corpses and then start spamming Death Shards on top of it, victims it summons can be killed by your Death Shards before the totem can kill them... meaning you get free Life on Kill and On Kill procs! Very Happy I get a lot of guard towers from Jitan's Kamon that way when fighting Griswold, the Butcher, the Smith etc.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top