Short Questions Thread

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Short Questions Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Asteroth Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:09 pm

for as long as i can remember, in destruction it has.
Though i'm not sure about the 50% max life stat, that seems extreme (i definitely lose thousands of life, but not quite half)
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by npftd Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Sry for my many noob questions, but i'm addicted to this game now lol......

I have a unholy paladin lvl 118, i barely killed baal on terror and now it's very hard. I can't even do Kurast uberlevel on terror because i really get one shot if there's too many skeletons. My damage is awesome but my hp is only 5k, is that why i get insta gibbed?

I got some tips earlier and now i have 210k defense with Terror strike, full resistances in destruction but i feel very weak White flag surrender
npftd
npftd
Moon Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 pm

sounds like you're melee. This effectively means you're looking for gear that gives more %fire dmg and -enemy fire res.

Smax Hymn, terror strike, and tainted blood. Do BRC (but it sounds like you cant at the moment) for blessed life.
Use blood thorns.

use gear with on melee attack procs (TU great helm, one of the TU pally shields are great examples). 
Did you max out the tiers of your gear?

What stats did you invest into? Str? Dex?

smax stormlord and reinvest points into vitality.

For your weapon, craft something with ctc balefire on melee attack. If not, other procs would work in the interim
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by npftd Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Yes im melee caster. But atm im specced into Psn/cold, i use lemures and i farmed "Demhe" RW as my weapon, to deal with cold immunes.

I tried to do BRC but it's impossible right now. Im invested into str/dex enough for gear, rest vit.
npftd
npftd
Moon Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:01 pm

right so like i said, immediately stop using lemures. it is a completely trash skill because you cannot control the ghosts (they always fly somewhere off to the side of the map for no fucking reason).
I've seen a bunch of people using the skill in guides and i never understood why. Bloodthorns has localized aoe that stacks (for more and more dmg over time as you lay down more casts of BT) and has reliable damage. 

I will re-iterate. Stop using lemures. 
Otherwise demhe is OK. A lot of people prefer it. I tried it but prefered balefire.
As an unholy pally though, i'd move points into stormlord (smax it) so you can free up stats for vitality. Once you start getting better gear, signets, and charms, move points from stormlord to other skills. I didn't bother maxing blood thorns until i had charms and was farming TA and whatnot. That's when you can afford more damage.
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Hows your FHR? You should be more or less immortal in terror fauzt with 300k def, 4 fpa attack and the losim from hymn (as long as you keep hitting). 200% FHR is quite literally mandatory to avoid getting stunlocked.

With balefire weapon your second benefit is that it frees you weapon sockets, I would use 6x ber runes for 60% uninterruptible attack (and probably MO 30% more in honorific boots or something, lol). You simply want to avoid that fucking horrible 7 frame hit recovery at all costs.

Btw you need to hit your enemy to proc on attack procs (this means you need AR). This is a pretty important thing and easy for new player to skip.

Also keep all your attacks in RMB. Right click on empty space and hold down RMB to move/attack. You shouldn't be clicking monsters to attack.
cowking
cowking
Clawstorm Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Another alternative for balefire weapon are 6x perfect diamonds (30% spell damage).
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by npftd Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Thanks for the help guys, i'm re gearing to fire% now and also i will put more into FHR.

Also, i have alot of sacred rare = alot of sockets. Im mostly using Jah runes for defense, is that correct? I also make sure to max my all resist
npftd
npftd
Moon Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:38 pm

jah for defense in body armors and shields definitely.
otherwise you can use ohm runes or pgems (resistances) or jewels (+%fire spell damage) or whatever in other gear.
It depends on a lot. I definitely had jah runes in more of my gear as i was strengthening my UH melee in destruction, but with enough +all skills and charms and whatnot, i was able to reach ~450k defense with good crafts and without Jahs in everything.
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by npftd Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:06 am

I'm at 300k defense now (with terror strike), 210% fire dmg, -90% enemy fire res, 80 all res in destruction.

I got plenty of mastery orbs to use, i should use them to get loads of fire% i guess?
npftd
npftd
Moon Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum