Looking for info to help me with Laz

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for info to help me with Laz Empty Looking for info to help me with Laz

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm playing single player and tcp/ip.

Been trying to do Laz with my Way's Assassin but I'm just getting owned. I thought I'd make a post to see if I'm missing something or whether or not I just have to get used to the specifics of the fight skill wise.

I switch to the gauntlet shield and some SSU claw for fast attack speed, I have 64% avoid, 90%OW, 50% slow melee target (no other slow on), max block, about 6.7k life, 86fhr BP, the best viable fbr BP. I use QOB to keep OW up and normal attack although i find I tend to die before landing a shot anyway. MY QOB is base level 7 or 8 so i know it could be a liability with totems, i could respec it down to a lower level. I watched a few vids including some where dudes were crushing it with assassin's (it certainly seems like the character class best suited to me).

Am I missing anything important or do I just need to get better at it?

Last edited by pokerlifex@hotmail.com on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

Back to top Go down

Looking for info to help me with Laz Empty Re: Looking for info to help me with Laz

Post by suchbalance Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Couple of mistakes I can point out just by reading your post:
- Get 200 FHR breakpoint
- Dont use QoB
- Use shadow refuge (with enough points to have 50dr) to apply OW and survive better.

More in depth info:
- http://www.medianxl.com/t679-the-ultimate-fight
- My paladin and/or amazon guides: blaz section.

And yes practice is required to execute the strategy after you have the gear/skill check down.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Looking for info to help me with Laz Empty Re: Looking for info to help me with Laz

Post by Quirinus Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 pm

slow attackers works?
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Nope it doesn't, thanks for the catch I missed that. Slow ranged attacker works (aka zon passive) because the retaliate he uses is a projectile attack, but "slows attacker" applies to melee hits only.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 am

yep. and the 50% slow is a really big deal for uberbosses like this.
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:03 am

if you are playing on realm the strategy i am using is probably the easiest.

Lure him on you, hit and then purify -> die. if you hit him wait for ow to run out in death screen

Rejoin -> lure him on you hit + purify ->die ->wait.

is a bit annoying, but usually after 1 hour you got your charm. Works on almost all builds, however i failed with treewarden + pummel this ladder ....
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:13 am

suchbalance wrote:Couple of mistakes I can point out just by reading your post:
- Get 200 FHR breakpoint
- Dont use QoB
- Use shadow refuge (with enough points to have 50dr) to apply OW and survive better.

A few more:

pokerlifex@hotmail.com wrote:
I switch to the gauntlet shield and some SSU claw for fast attack speed,

Beware with that: one of the keys to overcome that fight is running away like mad from procs, so I wouldn´t use any of those two items: gauntled shield for example because of the chance to cast spike nova on attack for example. You should have a complete control there of what is happening on the screen for not hitting the totems while BLaz is close to them. Otherwhise you have a high risk of BLaz becoming completely healed if that happens converting the Uber on a neverending fight (and that for not talking about that when destroying one your toon will be "cursed" for quite a long time).

As Suchbalance has pointed, you will find a thread done by MarcoNecro on the showcases of the forum, where everything is explained really well: basically, a crafted weapon for your assa+a couple of items easy to find/craft/runewords is all what you need to complete the Uber once you had get used a little bit to it (in my case, for example, on my first atemps I preferred not to use Psychic Scream, geting used first to the hit+purify way but this is up to you. Later, the crowd control given PScream will work great to make Blaz fight last even less time).

An eventual help I often use on that fight to improve eventual gaps of my toons on that Uber is the help of cycles (to reach the desired speedbreak points, to increase a little bit more the health of an assa, to increase attack rating, etc....).

And then it is just to get used to it, little by little you will use the room there better to have more chances to hit+purify him, and that´s all. Meanwhile do not worry if you die there as body recovery is really easy as groupies won´t last much even facing a "naked toon", just keep are ranged weapon on your inventory for example, with any ranged skill you will kill them (and totems too), then lure Blaz two "blinks" away from your corpse, die, and that should be enough to recover your gear on a complete tranquility (take a look for example at the tutorial published by suchbalance of the Showcases section too, where everything is really weel explained and shown on a great video as well!) .
TQer
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I edited my first post. I meant slow melee target.

I'll try shadow refuge over QOB and replace the gauntlet and get my slow elsewhere. I can hit the fhr BP pretty easy too so i'll do that.

Should I remove any charms that have procs on them ( charm with deathspiral comes to mind).

I don't have psychic scream or shadow refuge on the assassin but i'll respec into them for this.

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:30 pm

pokerlifex@hotmail.com wrote:
Should I remove any charms that have procs on them ( charm with deathspiral comes to mind).

Yes, sorry for not having explicitely mentioned that before; but sure, the idea is the same, no matter the source of the proc, remove it from your char. Even if the rest of the bonuses look awesome (and in certain charms they do), the price you have to pay is too high: after all, if you destroy a totem while BLaz is around he will be completely healed, forcing you to start the process again from the beggining.

About Psychic Scream. that is not necesary for now, so as you prefer: if you want to save time, leave the respec for later once you had get used to the important parts of the Uber: basically get used to the distance you have to keep between your toon and BLaz once you have slow him down (it is a little bit tricky at first), so for now I would only focus on this. LAter you will have all the time of the world to polish the way you face this Uber, and by that time, PS will give you an awesome support to optimize the use of the room there.
TQer
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Had a practice run with Laz after building a new gear set to try to get used to the uber. So far i'm struggling to apply open wounds before dying.

I'm lucky enough to have the SSSU anc armor which i can wear with no base str while naked with -req jewels for cleanup.

How critical is blockrate? After respec my blockrate is down to 15% (from 75%) so I could stat more life. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake due to totems tremor. I have a ton of replenish I probably do't actually need much base life right? My blocik is a ton less good now, I switched to Zarl's temptation SSSU bladed for 15% slow target and MO'd slain moonsters RIP to deal with the reanimate but it only has 4% base block which will make it a ton harder to get my block up too high.

I have 50% slow, 200% fhr and fbr. Roughly 600%frw ( I'm actually thinking I might be too fast, it's a little tough to be precise walking at that speed.) 30%dr 64% avoid. 10k life, with virtually all stats in vita rly low, i'm still getting 1shoted by groupies most of the times they manage to hit me. My chance of unint attack is pretty low, like 30%. My defense is like.. 38k, real scrubby.

Anything glaring that i'm missing?

My plan is to respec, all stats in dex ( not counting the 100 or so I need in str for gear), Put enough points in shadow refuge to get 50% DR once I strike. Max Psychic scream, Perf Being, Blink, toss remainder points in the 2 good ways for when I can kill lone groupies. Anything else I need?

Gearwise I switched to:
Crafted claw 26% slow Dex craft with frw. MO'd celerity.
Zarls temptation with RIP mod 15% slow.
SU chain gloves with 5% slow and dex.
+2sin SSSU chain boots with 10% dr.
SSU dementia heavy belt with 5%slow.
Lacuni cowl (I think). 50% OW hat with speed mods.
Hratli's craft/ switch to SSSU ANC Armor for cleanups.
Unique amy that gives 19% uninterr and some speed mods with heaps of MO space.

Jewel sockets for -fbr, fhr, frw. All MO'd for replenish life.

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum