SIGMA Screenshot Thread

Page 1 of 103 1, 2, 3 ... 52 ... 103  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIGMA Screenshot Thread Empty SIGMA Screenshot Thread

Post by MarcoNecroX Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 am

Hey all, the new screenshots will start being posted in this thread, and you are free to comment.

What's the difference between the screenshot thread and the screenshot log?

- The S/S thread is where people are able to comment on the screenshots, either with suggestions or opinions.
Then, what's being showcased might be modified following suggestions. The thread becomes pages long, and
it's not friendly for someone who only wants to see screenshots. This is why, there is a screenshot log, a closed
thread where the best screenshots out of the screenshot thread are posted, to provide a "Showcase" of the mod.

Cheers!
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

SIGMA Screenshot Thread Empty Re: SIGMA Screenshot Thread

Post by stoya Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 am

awesome.
stoya
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am

Thanks, I didn't open this for myself (yet), whist asked. Twisted Evil
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by whist Wed May 22, 2013 2:17 am

Let's start with some (unfinished) UI work. With the increased resolution, I have to fix most of the UI code.

While rewriting parts of it to fix it, I will by the same occasion, add actual functionalities Wink

This here show what I have done yet, with the inventory and stat screen.
SIGMA Screenshot Thread 2wbydtd

Not much to say about the stat screen yet. Only new thing for now is the class portrait, which does show the portrait of the class you use (It's not a static image). Event though, it's not really a functionality but just a little addition to make it unique and good looking.

As for the inventory, ignore the unfinished gear slots placement Evil or Very Mad

To start off, even if it may not seem like it, the grid now offers a little more space than in Ultimative. ( 12 x 7 instead of 10 x 8 )

Then, those two buttons you see above the inventory grid area, is what will get rid of the stash and the cube.

That is, the chest button opens up your stash, and the other button, opens up the cube (which would be called "crafting")

I will make sure to post screenshots when the UI is fully finished and more good looking :3
whist
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

Back to top Go down

Post by ish_ Wed May 22, 2013 3:41 am

looks great~
Can other stats be showed in the left blank area of stat screen, like FBR, FHR, whole resists (not only the maxmum resists), avoid, DR, OW, CB etc.~ ?

and for inventory, make the gear slots compactly like Ultimative and enlarge the space of inventory will be better IMO. the inventory space will never be large enough Mr Green

ish_
Que-Hegan

Back to top Go down

Post by whist Wed May 22, 2013 4:00 am

ish_ wrote:looks great~
Can other stats be showed in the left blank area of stat screen, like FBR, FHR, whole resists (not only the maxmum resists), avoid, DR, OW, CB etc.~ ?

Of course, and I plan on it for sure.

the inventory space will never be large enough Mr Green

Actually, until I can fully get rid of the file size limit, that's a very bad idea to increase the inventory space too much. People already manage to reach the limit with the currently available size, so... yeah.
whist
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieeifloW Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 am

Man, I wish I was good enough at modding to be in on this project with you guys.

Shit looks so good, and so exciting.

/EDIT Probably the wrong place to put this, but can you please make the minimap/automap for all levels, even Uberlevels?
I hate how there's not one in-game for things like TA and Duncraig.
WolfieeifloW
WolfieeifloW
Death Stalker

Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Wed May 22, 2013 5:35 am

@whist

assuming it might happen in future, it is possible to remove various limit in the game?
(damage cap, %DR, minion life, player life/mana, etc etc?)
How about sprite limit.

ANDDDD

since it is designed to be high res, would it be possible to disable old 640 x 480 & 800x600 so that you can push up inventory to maximum size?

*I know it is bad to aim something big, but change d2 base limitation much more bigger impact than other. For example, hard-coded median XL and you have much more fun with it (at cost of mac player / slow pc player).
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX Wed May 22, 2013 5:46 am

all are "possible", thats why it's code edited..

there are easy ones like increasing %DR cap (which is completely unnessesary too). I said it million times, minion life is releated to monster life and player life, all of them are born from 2^32, which is a dword (32 bits). The game reads this dword everytime it uses life for something, and this is a LOT of times. The way to increase health cap is by adding another dword, and this is extremely challenging task to do, I think it's too obvious to explain why. It's not something that you can do in a week, so it won't happen. The HP caps are not actually 2^32, they are reduced factors of it, like monster life being this number reduced by a bit+1, aka 2^23 (8 million). This is caused by the game reading and storing some values differently.

Sprite limit.. oh god, this is like implementing a new char... this was done, but by someone who is actually expert and has code edited d2 for over 10 years... so, take it as a no too.
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Wed May 22, 2013 6:56 am

i know it just wildest dream.

I thought damage cap wasnt there in older version of d2, so I thought there much be a trigger somewhere.

If minion life hardcoded to low value, then damage mitigation is a must. 25% avoid was a good start, it would be better if there a way to improve it more with hard point synergies or itemization (flat DR or absorb elemental damage for example)

Hmm, i thought i saw there was sprite-limit removal done by someone before on phrozen keep. Couldnt remember detail, but he show it by having thousand of rogue/amazons on screen. Maybe I was wrong.

Anyhow I wished you guys good luck.
And have fun modding.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 103 1, 2, 3 ... 52 ... 103  Next