Why act 3 Abjurer merc is my favorite (video)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why act 3 Abjurer merc is my favorite (video) - Page 2 Empty Re: Why act 3 Abjurer merc is my favorite (video)

Post by Diminished Heathen Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Asteroth wrote:Ye if you replace all the +skills items with better gear (crafted items) then he will be so much stronger (i too learned only recently +skills dont work on mercs Sad  )

There's actually a ton of room for improvement. Not to mention that instead of resistance gems, you could use Ort runes or Zod-crafted jewels for more lightning damage.

Since when do +skills not work for mercs? Can someone tell me if this was a changed feature?
Diminished Heathen
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

Back to top Go down

Why act 3 Abjurer merc is my favorite (video) - Page 2 Empty Re: Why act 3 Abjurer merc is my favorite (video)

Post by Asteroth Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:00 pm

No idea, but i tested it and showed it in short questions thread early this week/last week with a5 mercs
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Asteroth wrote:No idea, but i tested it and showed it in short questions thread early this week/last week with a5 mercs

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/iguides/merc_resource.php

It says here that they should benefit from +skills.
Diminished Heathen
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:45 pm

A5 barb mercs have mountain king passive (more strength/dex per soft point--all skills boost this). I took off my merc's amulet (+2 skills), saved&exited, then put it back, saved&exited.

I took screenshots before and after amulet. His strength and dex did not budge.
If the passive isn't being increased then i'm pretty sure +skills don't work on it.

Amazon basin may be right about +skills for old mercs, but it's also possible that the new skills on our mercs aren't affected
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Asteroth wrote:A5 barb mercs have mountain king passive (more strength/dex per soft point--all skills boost this). I took off my merc's amulet (+2 skills), saved&exited, then put it back, saved&exited.

I took screenshots before and after amulet. His strength and dex did not budge.
If the passive isn't being increased then i'm pretty sure +skills don't work on it.

Amazon basin may be right about +skills for old mercs, but it's also possible that the new skills on our mercs aren't affected

Ahh, well could it be that the innate bonus skill (mountain king) is treated differently than it's offensive skills, +all skills only working for the latter? Just grasping at straws, but I had merc redo diablo fight alone and he absolutely rekt him. and I could easily be confused that the +skills are working because of how effective his spells are.
Diminished Heathen
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:06 am

That merc with the right gear can do wonders, but he isn't the best...
romanN1
romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:23 am

I mean iirc stoya or strobel or someone had their bloodmage merc solo kabraxis.
mercs are great if used properly. In some ubers (duncraig) they just don't live long because of 1 hit KO mechanics
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:35 am

Asteroth wrote:I mean iirc stoya or strobel or someone had their bloodmage merc solo kabraxis.
mercs are great if used properly. In some ubers (duncraig) they just don't live long because of 1 hit KO mechanics

Yeah, the abundance of lightning immunity with mobs brings the abjurer down a peg, especially since he's technically not dual element, and rarely casts blackhole on things that he needs to.

But I remember very clearly even Brother Laz suggesting + all skills for buffing a3 mercs, and there are plenty of posts that state as such. Scratch I just want to be totally sure +skills is wastegear for the merc before I re-gear him. Again, could the innate bonus skill on barbarian (that you tested) be separate from the other skills, and therefore not receive the +all skill bonus? Crying or Very sad
Diminished Heathen
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:43 am

it's definitely possible, but it's hard to test Very Happy

possible way to test it: you could get buffed from shapeshifter/barb merc ( bloodlust/motw ) and see how much spell damage you get ( with plugy/d2stats ) , then give them +skills gear, get buffed again and check if you get more spell damage.
Gekko64
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

Back to top Go down

Post by taem Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:48 am

I can second the +skills thing; it should work to increase the mercs skills without doubt. My only guess is with that skill the merc uses, it must not be true Mnt King from Barb tree, but a replica that only benefits from hard skill points. For sure +skills works on mercs, has since old days.

Link with some info, esp on 1st post of pg.2: link
Another informative post that explains exactly what type of +skills a merc benefits from exactly: link
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum