Barbarian RAIDer

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barbarian RAIDer Empty Barbarian RAIDer

Post by CidAvadose Fri May 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Due to personal work and health issues I will be updating less frequently then before. I am still working on it though

Disclaimer:  
This guide is a work in progress.  As I finish each part of the game I will add new sections.
MODS if this is the wrong location for this experimental guide. Please move.

Credit:
Special Thanks to The Big Ouchy for Prebuffing Ideas with Nephelam Weapons (+Skills Staff as secondary weapon and Elixir of Power)

Goal:
A character that has no weaknesses. Instead of emphasizing one strength, and when that strength is nulled being in trouble, I wanted a character that works the same all the time in every scenario.  Also I wanted a character that does not really/depend on any Sacred unique (aka hard to find, not reliable to find) items.

Concept:
Building a character around a cheap, easy to make, signature weapon. Made using the runeword Raid (hence the name).
Spoiler:

SKILLS:
Spoiler:

Stats:
Spoiler:

Character Orb:
Spoiler:

Equipment (Hatred)
Spoiler:

Equipment (Terror)
Spoiler:

Equipment (Destruction)
Spoiler:

Character Advantages and Disadvantages:
Spoiler:

Game Walk-through (Just Starting, will update with progress).
Disclaimer: I will not have any reminders about the "standard" quests.  The game force feeds those enough already.

Hatred
Spoiler:

Before heading to the next difficulty level.
Choice:
Stay in Hatred and level to 60 and finish up tiering you equipment
or
Go to Terror and up tier from Griswald

Terror
Spoiler:
Before moving on to Destruction a few things we can do
1) Get all 500 signets of Learning (gambling, set hunting, or running Griswald)
2) Start putting together our crafted equipment with the 2% DR blessed luck bonus's
3) Get the witchhunter's cap (most important)

Once I am finished with all my farming, I will add pictures of my character and equipment.

More to come

Last edited by CidAvadose on Fri May 23, 2014 5:01 am; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : Status Update)

CidAvadose
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Barbarian RAIDer Empty Re: Barbarian RAIDer

Post by MarcoNecroX Fri May 09, 2014 6:23 pm

You don't need to make Level Challenge 1 at level 49, you can make it at level 50 and gain the charm bonuses right away
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by CidAvadose Fri May 09, 2014 6:28 pm

I know. I find that I do not want to take the risk of going over 50. Also, if it is not needed to beat the level, I prefer not to do it. Personal Preference. Updated to indicate as such. Thank you.

CidAvadose
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX Fri May 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Sure thing. From my experience, "accidentally" overleveling to 51 requires you to "accidentally" kill 5000 monsters, so it never happened to me.
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by CidAvadose Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm

I often get into a grove of, I have time to clear just one more area before the cutoff. I have gotten very close the wire finding myself finishing Anya's quest, being very close to lvl 51, and still needing to do the quest and hoping the monster's in act 2 do no push me over.

EDIT: Finished Hatred Walk-through now on to terror

Last edited by CidAvadose on Fri May 09, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to avoid double posts)

CidAvadose
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Fri May 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Interesting read.  Thumbs Up Good luck with the guide.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 Fri May 09, 2014 10:28 pm

I have bad news for you... AR is always superior to ITD... I discover that in Yshari Sanctum, and other places.... The weapon is really cheap., However there's other "better" options for barbarian (including trhowing axes).... If you choose the weapon for the double mo effect, imo, even a honorific item can be better... However, it's a good idea, specially the walktrhough of the game..

MUS01
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy Sat May 10, 2014 5:52 am

MUS01 wrote:I have bad news for you... AR is always superior to ITD... I discover that in Yshari Sanctum, and other places....  The  weapon is really cheap., However there's other "better" options for barbarian (including trhowing axes).... If you choose the weapon for the double mo effect, imo, even a honorific item can be better... However, it's a good idea, specially the walktrhough of the game..

ITD>>>AR unless you're taking on a boss in which case ITD doesn't work. Having said that there's better sourced of ITD endgame (lottery bonus for example).
The Big Ouchy
The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder Sat May 10, 2014 6:07 am

why no pics dude? It's boring to just read Sad( ss plz.
chickenfeeder
chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brometheus Sat May 10, 2014 8:12 am

chickenfeeder wrote:why no pics dude? It's boring to just read Sad( ss plz.

Sure having pictures will give it a visual look but to call it "boring" is not cool. I don't think adding a few pictures will make a difference in the guide. The info that's written IS the important part. Last person I've seen that needed pictures to read was my lil 4 year old nephew.  Whistling Overall, props for making the guide. I'm sure ppl will find it useful. Keep up the great work!  Salut
Brometheus
Brometheus
Prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top