Barbarian RAIDer

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barbarian RAIDer - Page 5 Empty Re: Barbarian RAIDer

Post by Asteroth Mon May 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Do you guys prebuff with Mark of the wild too for more elemental damage?
You can get the oSkill from sacred hammerhead axes (rare/crafts)
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy Mon May 12, 2014 7:45 pm

That elemental damage only affects spells and direct melee hits
The Big Ouchy
The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Mon May 12, 2014 8:11 pm

The Big Ouchy wrote:That elemental damage only affects spells and direct melee hits

So it should help with Thundergod but not Nephalem weapons?

Or do you mean it only increases the dmg of the actual melee hit, not rocks from SoR or missiles from Stormblast?
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy Mon May 12, 2014 8:16 pm

The second thing you said.

The Enhanced weapon damage would help you though but idk if it's worth all the gear switching.
The Big Ouchy
The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post by CidAvadose Tue May 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Due to overuse hand injury, I have to take a break from this guide for awhile (at least a week), and will not be updating. I will come back when I am able.

CidAvadose
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Tue May 13, 2014 8:33 pm

The Big Ouchy wrote:The second thing you said.

The Enhanced weapon damage would help you though but idk if it's worth all the gear switching.

This always confuses me.
This means that prebuffing with mark of the wild, then casting Thundergod, won't change the damage I do with Fortress right?

Doesn't this mean MotW still increases the damage of my supernova/flamefront/lava pit/flamestrike procs? Those beings spells and whatnot?
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Yeah it increases spells and direct melee hits. It just doesn't effect weapon damage missiles of any kind.
The Big Ouchy
The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm

The Big Ouchy wrote:Yeah it increases spells and direct melee hits. It just doesn't effect weapon damage missiles of any kind.

Gotcha
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 am

CidAvadose wrote:Just a reminder to those reading my guide. My goal is to keep this build as "cheap" as possible. Since I only play off-line, I assume that all equipment that I use must be gotten by the character alone (not through other characters (via shared stash) or through trading).

@chickenfeeder
The name of the character comes entirely from the runeword RAID, hence Barbarian RAIDer. As this runeword exists only on the javelin, I will stick with the javelin as my weapon. If this character is unable to finish certain area of the games without a change in weapon, I will say so.  But I plan to take this character concept as far as I can.

As I am making the guide (and it is my first one), as I do play through, I will update as I get there (and have time).

I like all my defenses up all the time. Hence I want to always be at 95% maximum resists and 50% DR. Hence I would want Bear stance up all the time (except for the casting fortress and passive spells).

The reason for no reanimates. I preference 'slain monster rest in peace' far to highly, as I have died far to many times to corpse skills being used.

@Quirinus
With Kraken Stance + Runemaster, I would losing out on the 5 of each perfect gem in my (non-shield) armor. This gives 100% element resist and +10% maximum resists. I would also loose out on the Witchhunter's Hood (+5% maximum resists, +5% DR). That is why I do not see it as simply Kraken Stance + Runemaster versus Nephlem Weapons + Bear Stance.

My reason for the the shower of rocks (instead of stormblast) is as follows.
1) I like that shower of rocks has the ability to act as a delayed trap. I can run in, swing a few times, and run out, and the shower will do the rest.
2) I like the decreased attack rating and slow down of enemies when using shower of rocks
3) I like the source of magic damage in addition to the elemental damage I have.
4) I do not want a reason to unbalance my character's negative % Elemental Resists I add to my armor (which stormblast would do).

The point of kraken stance + rm is that you kill everything so much faster than Nephalem + Bear stance that you don't need to worry that much about being defensive (resistances and stuff). and you also have Snake stance + thunderslam that slows down everyone, and that's much much more important than 5% max res (normal res is not an issue with Thai runes) or 5-10% DR missing, plus you get some poison damage, which you don't have. (also, the points in vitality offset the max res and dr% issue as well)

If I want magic damage, I can use SoR too, but you don't really need it since you got rainbow damage, and pretty much no monster is immune to everything but magic.

I use Shower of Rock too. I just hit once to put on the debuff and then blast everything with Stormblast, since it does much much more damage because of the multihits, and it has no ND, so it does damage every time it hits, unlike SoR which has ND - so combining them gives the best effect. you can use stormblast as a 'trap' too, just attack some monster in front of the one you want and it will be hit too.

@Ouchy: I don't want to have to switch my whole gear every 4-5 minutes just for the added bonus. ;P and I keep points in vita, not str, so the effect is 1/2. but point noted.

well, keep playing with your build if you like it, I'm just pointing an alternative (that is possibly better).
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by CidAvadose Fri May 23, 2014 5:17 am

Act V - Terror and Black Road Challenge finished.

@Quirinus

I do no like high risk high reward builds, though I acknowledge completely that they are overall superior (hence the reason they are used and preferred). The reason I do not like them is, if something comes down to gaming reflexes or reaction time, I often fall short. However I love Diablo II and median XL in particular. Hence when I play I try to make a build that takes into account all of my short comings and things I have trouble with and enables me to do them.

CidAvadose
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top