[SPEEDRUN] Brother Laz

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SPEEDRUN] Brother Laz - Page 5 Empty Re: [SPEEDRUN] Brother Laz

Post by MarcoNecroX Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am

Is it possible to program bosses with smth like "unable to loose more than 5-10% of life per second" ?

Having a boss that changes forms with different immunities as his life drops would be cool.
Having a boss that creates weaker replicas of itself and redirects portion of incoming damage to them would be cool.
Having more bosses that can be damaged only by specific temporal hazards on the map would be cool (smth like a more advanced Butcher-killing-scenario).
Having more bosses that have access to healing that can be temporary disrupted by players' actions would be cool.

None of them is possible.
Cheers!

Butcher mechanism isn't exactly funny. I like the mechanism overall, but people will simply suck at it, even more in multiplayer. It takes some time to make, and if added to more than one boss, it would get as usual, repetitive.

I use elixirs of adrenaline to avoid that global cooldown and keep access to purify right after dark summoning / teleports. I lure ratfinks to the far angle so they don't bother me. I summon Edyrems in specific spot relative to the summoning spot so yeties and boss engage them and leave traps in the open. Still he summons new traps too fast even when I breakdance with adrenaline potions and purifies. Cause when traps are gone, I barely have 5 seconds to get to boss and attack him without getting under his shower of rocks since kinda low on life after tremor even with stacked hp pots. What are the chances he drops needed resist for a sec during that 3 sec period? I'm a hardcore gamer, but hardcoreness can only be proven by skill, and when boss is 100% invulnurable and that total invulnerabilty is completely based on luck, skill no longer matters.

I disagree with your fact that luck based uberquests disables player skills. There are a lot of uncontrolable situations when fightning bosses, and heroic shield is one more to the pool. I could state several reasons why heroic shield has also skill factors, for example being able to hit him when his invulnerability is down instead of struggling to kill traps, in the end, the more time you got to attack him, the higher the probabilities will be to catch him in an invulnerability loss. I'm not denying the luck factor at all, but I'm saying that with D2's prehistoric mechanics, you sometimes have no other options than this thanks to the limited AI's. At least this uberboss casts a totem after a certain time instead of random (=luck) timings, which removes a luck factor as well, which is highly common in most D2 monsters, as most don't allow using timers.

MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 am

No one bothers with statues anyways so Dancing
BassToMouth
BassToMouth
Mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

Uhm... I've seen people killing him w/o a single statue summon...They bugged him somehow. Twas on d2m tho. I have no idea if it got fixed or not.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

I wish that fucking statues summons Yetis at a high rate, and the statues able to kill them WHOITOUT purify... It's stupid have a boss whit an instakill spell, tanks, AND invulnerable statues.. Mehhh
The inmunity extra shield given by the statue can be keeped, but purigy statue??? No way plz...

MUS01
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Wotan wrote:Uhm... I've seen people killing him w/o a single statue summon...They bugged him somehow. Twas on d2m tho. I have no idea if it got fixed or not.

i experienced and abused^^ this myself aswell, BUT ive no idea why he didnt summon them, its just like it works for character A and if character B behaves exactly the same it doesnt work at all and he will summon statues constantly, imho easiest way to kill him is to lure upstairs
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Yeah. But that is also counted as cheesing/cheating.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

? no i dont think so that this is cheesing, even marco does that Very Happy
RollsRoyce
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Marco doing that doesn't automatically turns it into a legit way to do it.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:26 pm

It is like the use of maphack. Everyone use it so it is legit Rolling Eyes
Homm
Homm
Ancient Fungus

Back to top Go down