Sigma item name suggestions:

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigma item name suggestions: - Page 5 Empty Re: Sigma item name suggestions:

Post by MarcoNecroX Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Warshrike feels really ugly, as for claws, sure.

also I'd like to propose to call an item "whist is fat"
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Moved my edits to a new post!

Looking at Warshrike now. I feel like it's mostly the fault of the weird white border, but yeah, Blizz totally used MS Paint for that.  Shocked  I can't seem to find any other cLoD dagger or throwing knife graphics. I once suggested using Gidbinn/Hellforge Hammer/Horadric Staff/etc graphics to Laz, but his opinion was that quest items should remain utterly unique. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, content!!!  Mr Green Well, sort of. Renames. The first one* and the last few* I'm really adamant about. Not to say I'm in love with any of what what I came up with, but the things being replaced have silly or redundant names, IMO. Also, subjective thoughts on "improving" things that are obviously okay, like Bloodstone gems e.g.

Aqua Regia :: replaces Gehenna (Xar) Weapons RW *
Garnet :: replaces Bloodstone gem type
Chrysoberyl :: replaces Rainbow Stone gem type
Stalactice of the Sunless Cove :: replaces SSSU saber, Ice Shank
Bane of the Lost Woods :: replaces SSSU large axe, Sharp Beak
The Cow King's Billhook :: replaces SSU broad axe, Roflchopper
Chrysaor's Hurlbat :: replaces SSSU great axe, Nuclear Blast
Meteoric Dawn :: replaces SSSU war hammer, Forge Fire
Shako Kyrie :: replaces SSSU helm, Cat's Pounce
Hydraskull :: replaces SSU full helm, Headbanger
Skein of the Isles :: replaces SSSU morion, Skull of Lioness
Radiant Crown :: replaces SSSU einherjar helm, Corona Aureola
The Modius :: replaces SSSU spangenhelm, Devastator
Datura Amphora :: replaces SSSU bronze shield, Shaman's Grace
Ancient Urn of Arreat :: replaces SSSU gilded shield, Satan's Dark Delight
Shadow Wolf Warmask :: replaces SSSU horned helm, Shaggy Beast
Idol of Majora :: replaces SSSU unraveller head, Sentry of Death
Cloak of the Greyhame :: replaces SSSU gambeson, Wizard's Cloak
Torc of the Dark Elder :: replaces In For The Kill unique amulet
Signum of the Ancient Kaa :: replaces Orc Torque Torc unique ring
The Black Rosary of Trag'oul :: replaces Sigil of the 7 Deadly Sins quest ring *
Pandemonium [OR] Typhon [OR] The Astral Sea [OR] The Unformed Land :: replaces Act III sewers level 1 location title *
Resurrection Chamber :: replaces Act III sewers level 2 location title *

Whist is fat (from all the cookies  Mr Green).

p.s. I need to start proofreading these posts instead of editing them 100 times.
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SpamBomb Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 am

Tal-rasha's influence - Sorc wep or armor
Griswold's Final Stand - set - sword and shield
Griswold's Finest Craft - set sword
Griswold's Ultimate Defense - set shield
Tyrael's Bravery - Armor
Sword of Justice (Tyrael's sword)
Wirt's Bell - hammer special gfx to make it look like a bell using hordric mallus to make 2 spaces
Bathed in Blood - Armor (countess bathed in the blood of 100 virgins to keep her youth)
Rakanishu's Prized blade
Cydaea's veil  - helm
Cain's Walking Stick - Staff
Shard of the Soulstone - jewel
Hephasto's Craft
Endugu's Spear - javelin

MarcoNecroX wrote:
whist wrote:Azurewrath was actually an unique item in both vanilla D2 and D3. Still, that's the name I had in mind for legendary warp blade (though we didn't give details about legendary uniques yet Smile)

legendary items? woooooot  Laughing 

i know what they are Very Happy me and whist discussed them one night Very Happy

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
TGBest 1

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Some of those are really nice! The sword, Justice, has already been suggested, I think. Was that the name of Tyrael's sword? I think a bunch of lore weapons are already implemented or going to be implemented; e.g., El'druin, Solarion, Azurewrath . . . Also, please don't spoil the secrets Whist shared with ya, I'd like to be surprised Very Happy

Thought I'd do a few more:

Storm Caster's Cabochon :: jewel
Bleeding Carbuncle :: jewel
Asteriated Eye :: jewel
Moonstone of Marius :: jewel
Silver Construct Caliper :: jewel

Presidio al'Diabolos* :: multi weapon caster set (see below)
Lord de Seis :: body armor
Grand Vizier of Chaos :: diadem
Infector of Souls :: gloves
Chaos Sanctuary Redoubt :: shield (non-class specific)
Planar Seal :: sorc orb
Torch of Iro :: necromancer wand
The Harrowing :: scepter

That's kind of a lousy name. But on the subject, the Yshari Sanctum boss, Al'Diabalos ... should it be Al'Diabolos? I don't speak a single romance language, so I have no idea, I just ask because I've seen it written with the 'o' elsewhere (e.g., Final Fantasy). edit: nope, lore says Al'Diabalos

Last edited by manafire on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:52 pm

I can't keep up with everything you keep putting but nice job here.  Razz 
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Laughing well thank you! Sorry for saturating this thread :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whist

Wat? Apparently there's something called Dummy Whist.
Cheers! 

EDIT: few more name replacement/graphics ideas.

More along the line of my previous posts here - trying to improve on things that already sound fine, just a subjective bump I suppose.

the "Ultra" elemental bosses in The Black Road . . . maybe renamed to "Grand" instead. Depends on what you're going for, I suppose. But this way, the Great Gems that coincide could be renamed Grand Gems. I figured just because, honestly, "Great" is less impressive than "Perfect" :lol:I know it's referring to magnitude, not really quality haha, but IMO Grand sounds a bit more . . . grand.

So the minibosses:
Grand Fire
Grand Ice
Grand Light
Grand Earth
Grand Magic

And their gems:
Grand Ruby
Grand Sapphire
Grand Topaz
Grand Skull*
Grand Rainbow Stone**

*just to fit thematically, couldn't this also be a gem (literally, I know skulls are gem types)? E.g., Grand Onyx?
**if my aforesaid name replacements are appealing, this could be Grand Chrysoberyl :p

And my last point would be to graphically modify the Great (or Grand) Gems just to distinguish them further. This could be something like slightly recoloring a small portion of them (not exactly simple, I know).

Last edited by manafire on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Not all of these are item names so if these suggestions are errant, I apologize, but I didn't know where else might have been appropriate to say them. To make up for that, I'll also post some more item name ideas later ^^

So, firstly, I guess I was wondering what the plans were for Veteran monsters in SIGMA. With the advent of Legendaries, are Veterans and the mini-quest for their eyes going to persist? If so, I had an idea for expanding them. However they get altered in terms of placement, difficulty, and purpose, this might still be relevant. In any case, the idea was that there would be more Veteran mobs, but the same number of Eyes for the minigame. So you still need an Act 1 Eye, an Act 2 Eye, etc... just that there are different mobs that drop them within their own act. So...

Act 1: Evil Eye of the Clawstorm::renamed to Cursed Stormeye. Clawstorm Terror (and all A1 Vets) drop Cursed Stormeye
--Additional monsters:
Stormtree - ent mobs with light spell, old school light enchanted, spawn in Tamoe Highland
Stormshadow Rogue - rogues (spear), static trap on death, spawn in Pit/Hole Level 1
Old Man of the Woods - glowing fungus, single monster, stagnant unless attacked, casts emerald prison, spawns in Dark Wood.

Act 2: Evil Eye of the Fairy Witch::renamed to Witch Heart. Fairy Witch (and all A2 Vets) drop Witch Heart
--Additional monsters:
Chrysalis Witch - mob (maybe a bloodhawk nest?), or single monster casts tempest, supernova on death, spawn in false tombs
Svartalf Queen - unseelie lady mob, or single monster, ice spells, spawn in Lost City
Great Fairy - High Priestess mob, or single monster, stagnant unless attacked, casts freezing gale, spawns in Arcane Sanctuary? Maybe Dimensional Sanctum?

Act 3: Evil Eye of the Glowing Blob::renamed to Glowing Ampoule. Glowing Blob (and all A3 Vets) drop Glowing Ampoule
--Additional monsters:
Radiant Shape - Ice Elemental mobs (from Kabraxis uber) [gloam-type mobs might be better], or single monster, cast Searing Orb, spawn in Chrysaor Sewers (maybe also have a rare additional rune drop or drop bias or something)
Mindflayer - Magic Elemental mobs (from Kabraxis uber), cast Mind Flay, spawn in Great Marsh
Glowing Frog - Stone Frog mob (from Yshari), slowing, chilling, poisoning attack. spawn in Ruined Temple.

Act 4: Evil Eye of the Landmass::renamed to Burning Rose. Landmass (and all A4 Vets) drop Burning Rose
--Additional monsters:
Reziarfg - Gravedigger mobs, or single monster, stagnant unless attacked, lower res curse and Trinity Beam, spawn in Plains of Despair.
Burning Guardian - Darkwarden mob, single monster, Blood Thorns on attack, singularity on death, spawn in Chaos Sanctuary.
Myrmidont - Cursed warrior mobs, (from Yshari), uses Gorefest, Whirlpool on death, spawn in Trag'Oul's Realm (SIGMA Act 4 Uberlevel).

Act 5: Evil Eye of the Bane Hunter::renamed to Destroying Fang. Bane Hunter (and all A5 Vets) drop Destroying Fang
--Additional monsters:
Gorgimera - Chimera mobs, (from Yshari), casts flamestrike, spawns on Arreat Plateau
Controller - Feyr mob, single monster, terrifies minions, casts Chronofield, spawn in Ancient's Way.
String Master - cLoD Defiler mobs (remember those?), fast-summons Deathspawn, Egg Trap on death, spawn in Throne of Destruction.

So, in summary, you would still need to cube one of each act's Eyes with your class charm for the upgrade; so that's 1x Cursed Stormeye (from any Clawstorm Terror, Stormtree, Stormshadow Rogue, or Old Man of the Woods) - 1x Witch Heart (from any Fairy Witch, Chrysalis Witch, Svartalf Queen, or Great Fairy) - 1x Glowing Ampoule (from any Glowing Blob, Radiant Shape, Mindflayer, or Glowing Frog - 1x Burning Rose (from any Landmass, Reziarfg, Myrmidont, or Burning Guardian) - and 1x Destroying Fang (from any Bane Hunter, Gorgimera, Controller, or String Master.

Last edited by manafire on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 11 times in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm

manafire wrote:In any case, the idea was that there would be more Veteran mobs, but the same number of Eyes for the minigame. So you still need an Act 1 Eye, an Act 2 Eye, etc... just that there are different mobs that drop them within their own act. So...

Act 1: Evil Eye of the Clawstorm :: renamed to Cursed Stormeye . Clawstorm Terrors (and all Act 1 Veterans) drop Cursed Stormeye
--Additional monsters:
Stormtree - ent mobs with light spell, old school light enchanted, spawn in Tamoe Highland
Stormshadow Rogue - rogues (spear), static trap on death, spawn in Pit/Hole Level 1
Old Man of the Woods - glowing fungus mob, or single monster, stagnant unless attacked, casts emerald prison.
Well if every veteran mob drops a Cursed Stormeye then after you kill the first one all the rest are going to be a unnecessary hassle, and people who are trying to efficiently get to ubers will just run past them.
If you make each of them have a %chance to drop the item, then people are going to just get it from the ones that spawn in areas along the main quest line, and then after that the rest become pointless. For example, why bother going all the way to the Pit in the Tamoe Highland when you can get them from Veterans in the Jail.
If the chance is very low, then people will farm the one that's closest to a waypoint.

The alternative is to make each of them drop a cube reagent guaranteed and you need all of them to complete the minigame. I like that approach more, since you can make the ones that spawn in non-quest areas (like the Pit) a lot stronger and still encourage people to fight them, and reward the players with a guaranteed drop after a tough battle.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:40 pm

@Manafire: I see someone's been reading books - Ta'veren and others. Mr Green

Cutstorm Windsail - Labrys
Shadowlight - some Sorc Orb
Twinkleball - Flail
Smudger - 2h Great Maul (whatever it's base name is)
Tapstep - Leather Boots
Last Wave - Flamberge
Treemore - Trident?
Harrogath Stands - Bull Shield
Impassable Wall - Setzshield
Nephalem Light - Hammerhead Axe; Nephalem were children of angels and demons
Nephalem Dark - Hammerhead Axe
Trag'Oul's Protection - Tiara; he protected Sanctuary from discovery by hell/heaven, but he's not a part of it, hence it's protection by thought --> Head gear, he's a majestic/mystic dragon --> Tiara/Diadem
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Anu's Light (set name)
Universal Scepter (Jared's Stone)
Light Pearl (Amulet)
Divine Diamond (Ring 1)