Sigma item name suggestions:

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigma item name suggestions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Sigma item name suggestions:

Post by Will Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Whists Fetish

- Head with brown blob inside it like unravellar
(Necro shield)

Upside? How about you instakill via target "Whists finger"!

downside is you have to meet with marco (Boss), afterwards with brown stains all over your character's face Sad.

Whists disappearance

MEGA-beacon oskill (activates destroying all in picture using "WHist" dmg (no immunity resistance!) except appears once every game MAXimum to commorate whist's disappearance

Ammy

And sorry for the offtopic, but this crazy idea popped into my head and I had to share it. -Ditto

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Anything with the rape o-skill should work out well.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Rename Writ's Leg to Whist's Leg, please. Whist, break a leg with Sigma coding!
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Quirinus wrote:Rename Writ's Leg to Whist's Leg, please. Whist, break a leg with Sigma coding!
Whoah! And it opens a portal to The Secret Marcow Level!
Inertia
Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 pm

but whist is gone.... When will he do his own thing with sigma?

The children wonder where this mystical unicorn of comedy lives.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Will wrote:but whist is gone....

Then we name it Will's Leg. Donates body parts to make servers happen. Mr Green 

Sorry for the spam.  Crying or Very sad
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Well, maybe some on-topic. Still gotta come up with a barb set and a zon set!

Barbarian ???? Set
Forgotten Glyphs *
Moth Brandistock (because I have no idea what the new barb tree is)
Curse Splint Mail
Clear Mind Jawbone Cap
Warmth Light Plated Gloves
Cloud Light Plated Boots
*if this is a dual wield or weapon-and-shield set/tree, Moth and Curse could be Left/Right hand, and Warmth could instead be the Splint Mail (removing the gloves)

Amazon ???? Set
Atheon *
Sky Broad Sword (no clue as to new zon tree...)
Sea Setzschild (ditto)
Salt Great Helm
Absentia Heavy Belt
Smoke Chain Boots
*sort of in thematic opposition to the Pantheon set

Last edited by manafire on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:36 am

If there's going to be a Spear/Polearm barb set/build it just must have to be Odin related! Smile
Spear/Polearm + barb just screams Odin.

Barbarian ???? Set
Alfodr
Gungnir Brandistock (because I have no idea what the new barb tree is)
Huginn Splint Mail
Vendel era Jawbone Cap
Muninn Light Plated Gloves
Sleipnir Light Plated Boots

ps.: I wanted to build barb set around spirits and at the same time, character damage oriented, but I couldn't find balance - so I gave up, and also cause of RL stuff.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 am

Though I'd use this post to come up with names for new based items (utilizing unused item graphics). This is more of a means to organize some creative nonsense for myself - these graphics are readily available all over d2wikia, the keep, and a dozen other places probably. I've even already made a post like this, but I wanted to organize these better and expand on some ideas.

Tusk Sword - 2-hand sword (class-specific?)
Ornate Blade - 2-hand sword (class-specific?) This graphic may already be in use for a new charm in SIGMA (if the screenshots are anything to go by), in which case, no new base item here - the idea is to enhance content (so, potentially add) but to reduce redundancy/clutter).
Nightblade - 2-hand sword (class-specific?)
Hellblade - 2-hand sword (class-specific?)
Ruined Sword - 2-hand sword (class-specific)? The idea here was to have this be a low-durability base item - this thing looks scary, but also like it's about to break.

^*So, a note on item type and class-specificity for the above: the new (XV) Wolf Form Tree for Druids looks to require a sword. Maybe these 2-handed sword graphics could actually variously be 1-handed swords in practice (just keeping the inventory graphic). Some could be 1-hand, some 2-hand, like how the Barb has 1- and 2-handed class-specific items.

Ritual Blade - 1-hand sword (class-specific?)
Machete - 1-hand sword (class-specific?)

^* A note on the above "Ritual Blade" and "Machete" : these could be dagger-class weapons instead (maintaining the graphic in the inventory) - maybe Nec class-specific, or just classless so Druids could use them too.
Puukko - this could be a dagger or a throwing weapon (or it could replace one of the two redundant throwing knife graphics that we currently have)

Glass Knife - 1-hand sword (sorc-specific)

Gravity Knife - MNX has already said he doesn't like this graphic, and I'm tempted to agree. Still, here's the idea I had some time ago.

Temple Staff - stave (nec-specific)
And there's the Staff of Kinds graphic too (a tiny Flamen Staff!) - do we need more staves? Probably not.

Beryl Wand - Nec wand or Sorc orb (if it's for sorc, the name should probably be "Beryl Orb" to help clarify it thematically).
Grave Wand - Nec wand or Sorc orb (if it's for sorc, the name could be "Mandragora" instead). Not sure how I feel about these graphics aesthetically.

I've mentioned these in several other posts, but here are Claw One and Claw Two - these I think would be better suited to replacing redundant, already existing claw graphics. Like how Claws and Blade Talons share the same graphic - Blade Talons could be graphically replaced with Claw Two. Or, if these were to be entirely new claws (new claw tree, so who knows?), they could be called "Kanzashi" and "Tiger Fangs" or something. I wrote a bunch of possible names for new base items elsewhere.

Uhh...

Beret - helm (classless). I think it'd be great to have just one new base item for helm, gloves, boots, and belt, but this is the only graphic for any of those that I could find, and I think it looks good as well.

Wicker Shield - shield (class-specific?)
Tortoise Shield - shield (class-specific?)
Ossuary - shield (class-specific?)

^* whether these are barb-class, zon-class, sin-class, pal-class... these do feel like class-specific shields, but I can't say which. It would make the most sense to break them up (Wicker for zon, Tortoise for barb, Ossuary for sin, or something like that)... or else a whole new class-specific shield in keeping with a new tree? Who can say? Though, the Tortoise Shield's graphic looks kind of bad, maybe, especially compared to the other two, which I think keep up well aesthetically.

Mattock - 1-hand axe (classless)? I think this graphic looks nice, but I'm not sure we really need another axe. So, without further adieu...
Bearded Crescent - 2-hand axe (barb-class?) I think it looks pretty cool, but not sure how it compares quality-wise to other graphics that we're already using. There are some weird inconsistencies with the item artwork in D2, and I have no idea why.

Carroballista - xbow. Doesn't really matter if this is classless or nec-specific, but hey, this thing looks sick (at a glance, anyway. see above).
Autocrossbow - xbow. Same here.

Swordbreaker - 1-hand club (mace?) (paladin-specific?) This graphic seems to look very good. Not sure if we'd need another mace weapon, but I do think it looks neat.
Giant's Club - 2-hand hammer (paladin-specific?) Opposite problem here. I think we could use another base hammer item, but this graphic kind of looks terrible.

And here are the POLEARM GRAPHICS!!
Bardiche
Longaxe
Moonspear
Halberd

Now, I do kind of think removing the pole arms was a good idea. But at the very least, maybe the Bardiche could be a unique Naginata graphic? Or hell, even a second, base Naginata-type item, just to give sins 2 or 3 more uniques naginatas for some added flavor. Certainly just one though, if that's the case. We don't need 5 Naginatas. But maybe "Moonspear" (that's a Poleaxe) could be a new zon-class spear or something? I think the Halberd is ugly, and the "Longaxe" (Voulge) is kind of cool, but doesn't look like it could be anything other than a polearm. Come to think of it, the "Moonspear" (Poleaxe) is sorta ugly too. But I still like the Bardiche! Could definitely be a thing Razz

So those are all the unused vanilla graphics I've been able to scrounge up. Oh, wait, there's still the Hellforge Hammer (sick!) Paladin weapon? So, by unused, I meant neither item nor charm - the Horadric Malus graphic for example doubles as a charm (and would be a shit item graphic anyway). Is there anything I missed?

And of course, there are non-vanillaCLoD ources to find graphics from, I imagine. I think I remember seeing a post on here somewhere where someone had created their own unique graphics?

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Fun post!

manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 am

W00ts! Very Happy
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael