Sigma item name suggestions:

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigma item name suggestions: - Page 6 Empty Re: Sigma item name suggestions:

Post by manafire Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:31 pm

@Quirinus : booooooks!!  Very Happy  I feel like a good chunk of the item names and unique items I've done in the Sigma Item Creation thread are references to books, other video games, etc . . . I try to keep it subtle though, rather than just including an artifact from another story's canon (though I've probably done that too ^^).

archon256 wrote:The alternative is to make each of them drop a cube reagent guaranteed and you need all of them to complete the minigame. I like that approach more, since you can make the ones that spawn in non-quest areas (like the Pit) a lot stronger and still encourage people to fight them, and reward the players with a guaranteed drop after a tough battle.

@archon : I think it would be great if each of those mobs dropped a reagent for that Act's "Eye," I just worry that the complexity (read: lengthiness) of the minigame would turn some people off. Personally, I like the +1 Skills reward and would gladly do more than I do for it now (just the 5 eyes). But yeah, I think 20 unique reagents would be kinda awesome. Something like:

EDIT : added [brackets] to reflect previous post detailing where these mobs might be found.

Act 1 :
Clawstorm Terror drops Clawstorm Maw [Barracks - Catacombs L3]
Stormtree drops Entsap Phial [Tamoe Highland]
Stormshadow Rogue drops Sightless Eye Sigil [Pit/Hole Level 1]
Old Man of the Woods drops Black Mushroom [Dark Wood]
Cube Clawstorm Maw, Entsap Phial, Sightless Eye Sigil, and Black Mushroom to get Cursed Stormeye.

Act 2 :
Fairy Witch drops Fairy Dust [Canyon of the Magi]
Chrysalis Witch drops Startled Shroud [Tal Rasha's Tombs]
Svartalf Queen drops Drow Humour [Lost City]
Great Fairy drops Wings of the Fair Folk [Dimensional Sanctum]
Cube Fairy Dust, Startled Shroud, Drow Humour, and Wings of the Fair Folk to get Witch Heart.

Act 3 :
Glowing Blob drops Silicon Boule [Travincal - Durance L2]
Radiant Shape drops Unformed Essence [Chrysaor's Sewers]*
Mindflayer drops Illithid Tendril [Great Marsh]
Glowing Frog drops Anuran Bladder [Ruined Temple]
Cube Silicon Boule, Unformed Essence, Black Tendril, and Anuran Bladder to get Glowing Ampoule.

Act 4 :
Landmass drops Demonsteel [City of the Damned, River of Flame]
Reziarfg drops Void Pulse [Plains of Despair]
Burning Guardian drops Chaotic Seal [Chaos Sanctuary]
Myrmidont drops Pale Iron [Trag'Oul's Realm]
Cube Demonsteel, Void Pulse, Chaotic Seal, and Pale Iron to get Burning Rose.

Act 5 :
Bane Hunter drops Shadowfang [Worldstone Keep L1-3]
Gorgimera drops Mandrake Root [Arreat Plateau]
Controller drops Dream Meat [Ancient's Way]
String Master drops Neural Twine [Throne of Destruction]
Cube Shadowfang, Mandrake Root, Dream Meat, and Neural Twine to get Destroying Fang.

Cube Cursed Stormeye, Witch Heart, Glowing Ampoule, Burning Rose, and Destroying Fang with Class Charm for upgrade.

*A3 sewers renamed to "The Unformed Land" to fit theme.

Last edited by manafire on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 pm

dubblepohst

Some name ideas :

Lighteater :: aspis
Shadowdrinker :: flail
Icon of Amelioration :: amulet
Iskatu's Hellcoral Suneate :: greaves
Xazax' Flamecursed Shroud :: plate mail
Stormherald of the Twin Seas :: kite shield
Bala's Euhedral Thorn :: circlet
Mefis' Dreamcurse :: grand scepter
Dialon's Scapula :: spiked shield
Bloodrun :: light plated boots
Hunter's Guise :: antlers
Witch Doctor's Delirium :: mask
Kehji's Headdress :: bone helm
Coldtorch Wail :: spiked club
Dimensional Door :: tower shield
Dark Elder's Stele :: gothic shield
Starfallen Shell :: full helm
Ammuit Seer :: clasped orb
Geomancer's Bevel :: full plate mail
Flowering Husk :: ceremonial armor
Logosphere :: skull cap
Pyres of Acheron :: boots
Celeste Pinion :: targe
Gharbad's Negligence :: heavy gloves
Solanastafr :: gnarled staff
Valthek's Robes :: banded plate
Hardliner Piston :: bolt quiver
Constrictor :: ring

Last edited by manafire on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 pm

manafire wrote:
Iskatu's Hellcoral Suneate :: greaves
I'm not sure about how Marco & whist feel about including names from Diablo 3. Technically it's all part of the Diablo canon now, but there's also been some resentment about the game.
If they're fine with it then that should give us a lot more names to easily use.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:59 pm

I see. Their call, then. There're still a bunch of names from D1 that have gone unused, so there's always gonna be an abundance of material. Goretongue and Madeye are two (out of plenty more) superunique monsters from the first game, and they could easily be transplanted into superunique MXL mobs or into unique item names, e.g.

Goretongue's Crepuscule :: quilted armor
Madeye's Radial Blade :: scissors katar

Eschewing D3 probably wouldn't hurt the creative process very much. Though I wouldn't mind seeing MNX's take on a Whimsyshire uber ^ ^

EDIT : but yeah, just a cursory glance at the wikia shows me a bunch of names from D1 (I think unused in MXL) that are pretty neat and could easily be applied. Firewound the Grim, Blighthorn, Bongo (how about a 4-slot shield called "Bongo Bongo" - nice Zelda tie-in  Mr Green ), Brokenstorm (EDIT3 : nvm, he's in the Icy Cellar? could still be part of an item name anyhow), Rustweaver, Psychorb . . . and those are all just monsters (again, I think. haven't played D1 in a very long time).

EDIT2 : I don't know what made me realize this, but since the addition of the Yshari Sanctum, has the spider cave tileset been completely removed? I kinda liked those maps. Well, "map," in MXL, considering the one was always K3KBA. But yeah, spider caves.
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm

double post why not

With all the hype for the upcoming mega-patch, I figured I'd try to contribute a little bit further. I'd like to think I'm decent at coming up with names, so maybe I can be useful!

quest items / charms
::
Alraune Incense ; Spirit Trance Oil ; Entsteig Cedar ; (cube with Spirit Trance Herb)?
Sphere of Utu
Archstone (crystal or orb, 2x2, maybe replacing or combining some charms)?
[ Salamander Cypria
Undine Cypria
Sylph Cypria
Abaddon Cypria
Acheron Cypria ] (similar to cycles, but unique; 1x1, maybe part of a set)?
Tulisam Apis (small statue, 1x1 or 1x2)
Phasemoss Agate (small gem, 1x1)
Caldra's Palladion (small statue, 1x1 or 1x2)
Chrysocolla / Chrysoprasus (renames for skull 1 and skull 2)?
Glor Xoanon (small statue? 1x2, combining some charms)?

unique items
Demhaze - war staff
Fissioner - sorc orb
Dragoneye Asherah - sorc orb
Landau Pole - long staff
Yolk of the Dragon God - amulet
Coral Pillar - flamen staff
Annihilus Fragment - ring
Pharos Orb - ring
Greengrace's Miter - helm
Bittersteel - ancient armor
Coldworm's Carapace - breast plate
Brachyceran's Greymolt - splint mail

runewords (ideally all early/middle to fill the gap created by halving tiers)
Terrato : Ith : circlet, earth-themed (early alternative to 'El' and 'Ral' helm runewords?)
Otukapuarangi : Tal : javelin, water(ice)-themed (drowned beast reanim?)
Nihopalaoa : Sol : belt, lots of weird stats (random resistance bonus, huge defense boost + life penalty, etc...)
Herculaneum : Thul : boots, (speed bonus, strength bonus, -25% max fire res?)
Norvos : Lum : barb weapon, ice-themed
Svefn-g-Englar : Ort-El : necromancer shield (undead-themed)
Straumnes : Eld-Ith : shield, water(ice)-themed
Dauoalogn : Amn : gloves, undead-themed
Varoeldur : Io-Tal : body armor, fire-themed
Lightdrinker : Um-Mal-Ist : body armor, (-enemy lit res, -max light res, etc...)
Starcurse : Vex : shield, (lots of when struck procs, -mana, solid res and def bonus)
Lethewater : Sur : helm, undead/water(ice)-themed, good midlevel alternative

monster names (just names. no graphic/theme ideas because of course I have no idea what the future ubers will be like)!
Goro / Goro Elder / Dark Elder :: undead?
Buer / Goht / Pandemon :: demon (flying?)
Water Elemental / Wind Elemental / Crystal Wisp :: elemental/gloam?
Dullahan / Armodullahan :: undead/humanoid
Gazer :: ?
Lich / Tyrant Lich :: vampire?
Mesmer :: svartalf? rainbow hunter?
Necrofiend / Psychorb :: similar to Necromorbs?
Stormcrow :: a reference to the skill, ofc. neat elite idea methinks
Black Mantis :: ?
Magnaura :: siege beast or siege tower or fire tower
Ouroc :: ancient giant (the big bearded fellows)
Bough Brother :: humanoid
Cirrus :: gloam-type enemy
Dragonhand :: the strongest of Mephisto's corrupted council. could be an uber sub-boss somewhere?

non-uber static superunique mob location ideas: similar to Sinwar of the Storm near the Chaos Sanctuary's inner star . . . and like Sinwar, the mob would generally have a unique spell or effect.

Living Flame mob led by Conflagration in Plains of Despair. Special: old school Living Flame behavior (read: OP). I miss when Dest A4 was basically an uberquest.
Avalanche mob led by Boreal Wight on Arreat Summit. Special: cast cLoD Blizzard and/or Hailstorm
Darksister mob led by Handmaiden of Anguish in Catacombs L4 (second room; not the one you walk into, and not the one with Andy). Special: Pain Spirit Nova
Magnaura or Siege Beast mob replacing Shenk or behind Shenk (on the stairs).
Hellcat mob on Kurast Causeway - functioning as a sort of introduction to Durance Level 3 and what to beware. Speaking of which . . .
Invert the locations of the superuniques and elite mobs in Durance L3. Think it'd be refreshing and catch a lot of people off guard (seeing as I imagine most people skip the Hellcats). Additionally, the Grizzly Giant mob could be augmented with Thorns aura. So you have a truly anti-ranged path and an anti-melee path. In any case, the approach to Mephisto should be more difficult - his whole thing was kind of the ability to corrupt, so it'd make sense for the sub-bosses to be a larger part of the fight.

Last edited by manafire on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:32 am; edited 3 times in total
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:05 am

Moved this over from another thread. I know I started off posting item names, but those ideas have grown to include monster names and the following. Who knows, maybe skill names and more in the future, but I figure the "Item Name Suggestion" thread is as good a place as any to put any kind of nominal suggestion.

Related to skill/spell resources (e.g. Mana):
manafire wrote:these could all function as aesthetic-only names too (so, no function changed, just different color and resource title for each class). It could look something like: (Sorceress - Mana - Blue), (Druid - Rumination - Dark Green), (Paladin - Radiance - Cyan), (Amazon - Ajna - Orange), (Necromancer - Halation - Purple), (Barbarian - Nerve - Yellow), (Assassin - Virtue - Dark Grey). Don't know how 'Energy' would play into that; if the stat name would change accordingly on the LCS and in item mods.

Sorceress :
Mana - mana-behavior, normal regeneration.
The native leylines and currents of ambient magic have flowed through Sanctuary since its symbolic birth by Lilith and Inarius, their conflicting energies merging into the flux of the world's elements.
Obscura - state activated by certain skills, required for other skills. (think Moonstrike)
Tapping into the mysteries of the Zann matriarchs, the Sorceress creates a communion with the invisible world, allowing her to enter and maintain a mystical fugue state.

Druid :
Rumination - mana-behavior, very fast regeneration, goes down from animal kill.
Reflecting on the forgotten philosophies of the Tul Dulra, the Druid is able to comprehend the utter wildness of nature and transcend the chaos of the living world.

Paladin :
Radiance - mana-behavior, very slow regeneration, goes up from undead or demon kill.
Blessed by the Angiris Council, the Paladin is divinely tethered to a fragment of holy energy, the very essence of the Crystal Arch.
Ardor - state activated by certain skills, required for other skills. (think T-Strike)
Driven by visions of the seraphim, the fanatic forges a path of faith and fire.

Amazon :
Alacrity - mana-behavior, fast regeneration, goes up from any kill.
The isles are rife with unforgiving terrain. Asceticism is demanded if a young Amazon wishes to survive to fighting age.
Ajna - state activated by certain skill(s), required for other skills. Disables Alacrity.
Opening her third eye, the Amazon gains the Inner Sight, finding paths the unenlightened might otherwise be blind to.

Necromancer :
Vespera - mana-behavior, non-regenerating, goes up only from use of consumable (e.g., mana potion).
The fleeting spirits of darkness course through Sanctuary, permeating its black corners with starlit energy; the priest of Trag'Oul binds them to his will.
Halation - state activated by certain skill(s), required for other skills (curses).
Life, death, and the uncanny void between: the black priests are plagued with nightmares of the things they've seen and done to command those realms. Their power is such that their dreams often materialize into reality. A clever Necromancer can turn his own fears into a terrible weapon.

Barbarian : (EDIT : to be viable against single targets, certain skills [e.g., melee tree] could have 0 resource cost)
Nerve - charge-behavior, requires quick succession of kills.
A respect for life, even the lives of their adversaries, is a belief that originates from the Barbarians' shared past with the Druids, though the tribes of Arreat would be loathe to admit such a connection. Even the most grizzled warrior finds his thoughts questioning the value and honor of every strike before he makes it.
Rage - mana-behavior, slow degeneration, goes up from any kill, skills that use Rage pool also require Nerve charges in order to be useable.
The berserkers of Arreat quench not their bloodlust in the fires of battle; their thirst only amplifies with each new body they give to the Mountain. The energy they expend to defend their homeland is inexhaustible as long as the tribes are threatened.

Assassin :
Temper - charge-behavior, requires successful hits, required for other skills.
The magekillers quickly tire of the magic tricks employed by demon and wizard alike. The Assassin's ire is only fueled by the continued presence of her enemy.
Virtue - mana-behavior, slow regeneration, goes up from getting hit, blocking, dodging, etc... skills requiring Virtue use all or most of the resource, or function on a % of max resource.
Athletic and disciplined, the descendents of the Vizjerei have long ago pioneered a meditative trance technique to enter when imperiled. This trance allows the Assassin to perform feats that the uninitiated could only imagine.

EDIT4 : figured I'd compile all the resource name ideas I'd had, and add a few more:
Mana, Obscura, Rumination, Radiance, Ardor, Alacrity, Ajna, Vespera, Halation, Nerve, Rage, Temper, Virtue ... Enmity (sin), Animus (barb or druid), Fervor (pal), Theurgia (any class), Thauma (any class) ...

If the resource names have unique stat names to match (like Mana/Energy), then I'll try to come up with appropriate pairs. I wonder if that's even possible for item/CS stats to read differently depending on character? And obv the Energy stat name variants could just be resource names instead.

Mana / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Energy
Obscura / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Artifice
Rumination / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Reason
Radiance / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Wisdom
Ardor / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Piety
Alacrity / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Spright
Ajna / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Verity
Vespera / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Nihility
Halation / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Lumina
Nerve / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Impulse
Rage / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Aggression
Temper / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Steeling
Virtue / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Fidelity
Enmity / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Hatred
Animus / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Fortitude
Fervor / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Adherence
Theurgia / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Dark Energy
Thauma / Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Conjury
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Nothing quite so refreshing as a quad post  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

But at any rate, the new patch heralds new skill trees! And new skill trees mean new sets! Of course I can't guess what MNX has in mind, or to what extent he's finished everything, but I figured I'd come up with some hypothetical set names/combos (which may not make sense in the end depending on item dependence for skills/trees). But hey, let's give it a shot!

Druid Wolf Form Set
Trappings of the Tiarna'a
Dirus Fang Scimitar (or, you know, whatever)
Mooncursed Furs Leather Armor
Dawnward Heavy Belt
Lycaon Prowl Boots
Wolfdream Bone Helm

Sorceress Magic Set *
Stolen Gods
Allmother's Paradox Sacred Globe
Merciless Iceclaw Gothic Shield
God of the Forest Gothic Plate
God of the River Sash
Abstraction Crown

Assassin Claw Set *
Telranden's Debt ***
Stone Gorgon Cestus
Steel Tome Buckler (or Wrist Blade if this is meant to be a dual claw tree)
The Realms Beyond Field Plate
Woh's Demigreaves Greaves
Lam Esen's Gauze Mask **

*these sets would probably demand a fair amount of Requirements -x% item mods
**yes, Gauze, not Gaze.
***now seems as good a time as any to remind Marco of that time he agreed to replace redundant claw weapon graphics with unused claw graphics from the vanilla game! These two!

Paladin ???? Set (maybe a neutral tree? melee? caster? who knows?!)
Null Aspect
Staff of Banishment Angel Star
Order Filter Aerin Shield
Discordia's Whim Scale Mail
Discordia's Favor Belt
Alumaurum Crown

Necromancer ???? Set (maybe for a curse tree?)
Gloamspeak
Black Bastard Spirit Edge
Scarmiglione Unraveller Head
Malebolge Full Plate Mail
Cagnazzo Chain Boots
Blood and Ashes Heavy Gloves
manafire
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Great, now I have to make 7 more sets.

Crying or Very sad 
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Soul Blade (RW) Soul Rune +0-5 Jewels (Goes into 2 handed swords)
0-0 Damage on the weapon
4999-9999 Soul Damage (Soul Damage doesn't scale with anything else, and pierces all immunities)
+100% All Speeds
+100% All Stats
+100% Character Defense
+100% uninteruptable

*Downside, life leach doesn't work, Striking effects do not work, including striking procs, on attack procs work though*

A mythical Blade that ignores flesh and bone. It pierces right into the soul and deals *true damage*

Horrible item, but I think it could be fun ^-^
Shiki
Shiki
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Whist's Misconduct
Legendary Wirt's leg

+ to Rape

The upside is you die instantaneously, and the downside is ... yes, you guessed it right - there is no downside.

And sorry for the offtopic, but this crazy idea popped into my head and I had to share it.
Wotan
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: