Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta?

Post by soundee Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:51 am

I made it to lv90, top 100 in the 1 month SC league using a budget kinetic blast wander that I wanted to try before considering making a ci version for the expansion. Projectile changes buffs my build by a huge amount. 50% dps increase maybe.

Just some initial thoughts from looking at the passive tree at https://i.imgur.com/KaHT72B.jpg

From first glance, it seems like it will be harder to branch out due to an additional highway stat node near the new jewel spots. I made a build using the current tree and compared the two, I'd be taking roughly 4 more stat nodes just to reach the same areas. Extra connecting (duration?) point beside charge nodes surprised me. Seems excessive since there will already be more points spent just traversing the area due to the jewel spot adding a node.

Some new jewels seem broken af, 4% max hp recovered when corpse is consumed / destroyed is going to be pretty insane with the 'offering' skills linked to cwdt.

soundee
soundee
Son of Lucion

TGGood 10

Back to top Go down

Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta?

Post by hellgrind Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:12 am

@Borgin
Yes i play self-found but when im starting to struggle a bit im trying to get better gear via trading but i find it annoying because it reminds me of vD2 and endless hours in games called "trade" just for nothing. Also im (i think) super unlucky because i never had more than 5c. Im super noob and super casual at poe so maybe that's why i suck Smile
hellgrind
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:03 am

soundee wrote:
From first glance, it seems like it will be harder to branch out due to an additional highway stat node near the new jewel spots. I made a build using the current tree and compared the two, I'd be taking roughly 4 more stat nodes just to reach the same areas. Extra connecting (duration?) point beside charge nodes surprised me. Seems excessive since there will already be more points spent just traversing the area due to the jewel spot adding a node.
We'll probably be getting more skill points from A4 quests.

soundee wrote:
Some new jewels seem broken af, 4% max hp recovered when corpse is consumed / destroyed is going to be pretty insane with the 'offering' skills linked to cwdt.
Yeah, I'm betting that jewel won't make it out of the beta in its current form.
archon256
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

Back to top Go down

Post by soundee Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:57 am

currently we have 3 more skill points from a4 quests in total
soundee
soundee
Son of Lucion

TGGood 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:37 am

hellgrind wrote:@Borgin
Yes i play self-found but when im starting to struggle a bit im trying to get better gear via trading but i find it annoying because it reminds me of vD2 and endless hours in games called "trade" just for nothing. Also im (i think) super unlucky because i never had more than 5c. Im super noob and super casual at poe so maybe that's why i suck Smile
Trade chat is only worth it if you sit on it for hours and know prices very well.

But for casual players, searching for items on poe.trade is still a godsend. Check it out.

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:22 pm

soundee wrote:currently we have 3 more skill points from a4 quests in total
There's an act 4? I have to play it again just to see it.
Frytas
Frytas
Mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 pm

The whole point of 2.0 (the upcoming patch/expansion) is Act 4. Razz

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Roflknife Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:16 am

So anyway lately I've been trying Melee Splash-Facebreaker--Avatar of Fire - Infernal Blow and its amazing.

It actually clears faster than VollsDevotion Mjolnir

Only stack Fire Damage %

You punch a minion, and once your 100% fire fists kill it, it deals ~125% of its max health to everything in a 30 radius, in most causes killing everything. Melee splash also applies the exploding effect to the mobs, and triggers more explosions even though other mobs were killed by the explosion, not the melee hit. You can clear an entire screen with 1 punch

Best thing; Most expensive item is Bringer of rain. Will also be massively buffed in 2.0 when Infernal blow becomes immune to reflect, and the Unarmed Range + Unarmed Aoe + Flat Phys per buff jewels are added. (GGG is adding 3 extremely strong jewels for unarmed)

Also, anyone want to form a MXL guild? Or have open guild slots? Mines currently dead, haven't seen anyone on in months. My ign is Ironsleet!
Roflknife
Roflknife
Mangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:31 pm

We have some guild slots but it's really casual; only members are currently my brother and some roommates. Wouldn't mind expanding, but I've no idea what guilds are actually supposed to do.

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen Sun May 10, 2015 12:23 am

Haven't bought into the beta yet, though considering it. Goofing off with a totem build.
Totem Build:
Diminished Heathen
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum