Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta?

Post by Ironpool Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:13 am

greg,
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038

Ironpool
Maelstrom Lord

Back to top Go down

Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta?

Post by Borgin Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Beware, Flame Totem is considered incredibly cheesy partially due to its power but also how incredibly boring it is to play.

Borgin
Blood Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:41 pm

I was playing a 2hander mace marauder before the patch, i used leap slam for aoe clearing and heavy strike for single target in a 5-linked armor supported with melee physical dmg, item rarity and life leech. I use dtermination and herald of ash with reduced mana, and im leveling some others stuff im gonna use when i have more linked sockets, like enduring cry, immortal call, multistrike.

For passives, go for damage with 2handed weps and maces, +%life, flat life, +% armor and endurance charges. Since we have heavy armor and low evasion, it is a good idea to take unwavering stance, which makes us unable to evade attacks, and makes us immune to stuns.

It is a very beginner friendly build (at least it was before 2.0), and does suprisingly well

I didn't follow any guide, I made this build on my own, to get a better knowledge on the game.

Istaryu
Curst Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Just starting up as melee + ranger.

Trying to build something like dual wield, non physical based and might creeping skill tree to shadow rather than duelist.
Like melee assassin.

Dunno how it will turn out, but seem ok-ish with new frost blades.
I just need to find decent single target killer and way to make this build able to kill atziri ... or that new act 4 merciless final boss.

Not following any guide, and i hope I dont screwed too much.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Cruel Malachai down on Tempest boys! Second time lucky Laughing  The adrenaline rush during this boss alone is what makes it worth to play hc imo.

Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta? - Page 4 Si0Jt6i

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 am

Ironpool wrote:greg,
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038
Thank you.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:20 am

Just reached act4.

Look roman-ish, with aqueduct and highgate town.
I heard there will be arena / Colosseum type fight, where you fight boss wave by wave.

Died couple of times because I didnt max resists.
Maybe I was rushing act3 a bit too fast (want to finish the act3 before hitting the bed).
Regardless, playing self-found now is a bit easier since there are gems vendor, but it still hard to maximize your resist without spending point into nodes that you might wont use in the future (dying is cheaper than couple of scour-orb Razz).

Im still not sure if the acrobatic + .... arrow dancing? are good skill nodes for melee build.
Seem like I want to go for block + riposte for free hits, but I keep dying to magic / spell dmg instead.
Maybe I shouldve just rushed phase acrobatics (was thinking to pick it up later, after shadow tree)

Anyway, my current build :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAdEDhwSxBbUajRutI_YknSchMHw2PUxgTZJRR1smYlpirGyMbWx_K3_7jX2Nv5VmlcidqqOKpn-v67GztMW1SMLsxKLTftQj1orfmO1B7-P-CQ==?accountName=iwansquall&characterName=SatriaLuncur

Main attack is frost blade, i can 6 link it since i just got tabula rasa, but I 5link it with dual strike for single target dps.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm not an expert on sc builds, but I think arrow dancing is not worth it for melee characters because of the new content. A4 enemies are much stronger than the rest of the game and there are a lot of hard hitting melee mobs (and two bosses).

Acrobatics and the spell dodge are a must if you're only going for pure evasion gear - otherwise not worth it.

First gg drop i found this ladder

Anyone still play Path of Exile? Thoughts on the Expansion/Beta? - Page 4 1tCxYpD

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:55 pm

It's worth 1 alch Very Happy
hellgrind
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 am

I stopped rushing now.

I dunno why I wanna finish act 4 today asap.
But once I fight kaom and i cant sustain against him (going back to town multiple time) and having trouble with mobs around, then I know that Im undergeared despite having higher level than monster around that area.

Doing multiple aqueduct run, heard it is the new dock / ledge now.
iwansquall
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum