[Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star [Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Post by Warren1001 Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:15 am

Welcome to the guide!

**Be sure to restart your computer after everything has been installed**
**Including  \/  this!**

azmodeu wrote:I learned that Multires Needs the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64)" to run but the author never informed of this required item.
If you followed this guide and keep getting the error "ACCESS VIOLATION C0000005" just download and install this(MY Windows 7 IS x64 If your windows is x86 you only need to download the x86 version):
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64)
I Also Installed the x86 version:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

WITH D2SE, SCROLL DOWN FOR "WITHOUT D2SE"

Notes:
1. Windows 8 has been known to cause issues with D2SE. Changing D2SE's Compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) may fix this problem.
2. The ActiveCommands changed in the PlugY.ini was so you could type /page [#] in game to view extra character stats since D2MultiRes breaks the buttons.

WITHOUT D2SE

1. Install a clean copy of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.
Also, install the 1.13c patch.
Diablo may instantly start upon running the updater. Exit out ASAP. Spam 'Esc'! It's trying to auto-update to 1.13d, which we don't want.

2. Navigate to your Diablo 2 directory folder (Right click the shortcut that was made on your desktop after installing. Press 'Open file location'. If you can't find one, press Properties and under the Shortcut tab, there's an 'Open File Location' button. Press that to get to your Diablo 2 directory. You can exit out of the properties menu). Keep this folder open.

3. If you do not have Win-RAR or 7-Zip, you will need one or the other. Download and install one of the archiver programs. Download Median XL: Ultimative. Open the Median XL archive and drag the d2_patch.mpq from the archive into your Diablo II folder. Override the file already there. Exit out of the archive but keep the Diablo II folder open.

4. Download PlugY. Open the archive. Drag the PlugY folder, PlugY.exe, PlugY.ini, and PlugY.dll into the Diablo II folder (if you're lazy, just drag all of it in, no harm done).

5. Open PlugY.ini file (usually has a notepad with a settings icon as its icon) found in your Diablo II folder, find "DllToLoad=", and add D2MultiRes_113c.dll to the end of it. It should look like this: DllToLoad=D2MultiRes_113c.dll
Save the file and exit.

6. Download D2MultiRes. Drag D2MultiRes_113c.dll and D2MultiRes.mpq into your Diablo II folder.

7. Right click PlugY.exe (it's got the PlugY icon) and press Send To -> Desktop (or press 'Create Shortcut' then drag it to your desktop if it doesn't tell you that you can't place the shortcut there). This will create a shortcut of the game for you on your desktop. Right click the newly created shortcut on your desktop and press Properties. In the Shortcut Tab, find "Target" and add -w after the last ". Example: "C:\yourpath\Diablo II\PlugY.exe" -w
Then, go to the Compatibility tab and check mark Compatibility mode and have it run in Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Also checkmark the box for running the program as an administrator.

8. Download and install BorderlessGaming wherever you want. I usually install it into my Diablo II folder, but it really does not matter.

You should see this:

BorderlessGaming application:

9. Leave BorderlessGaming running. Start Diablo II. Go back to BorderlessGaming.
You should see this (***EXCEPT*** [D2SE] should say [Game]):

BorderlessGaming application:

10. Move Diablo II [Game] to the right side. Now you're ready to play!

11. Everytime you want to play after this, start BorderlessGaming before you've loaded Diablo II and keep it open.

NOTES:

1. BorderlessGaming has a chance to cause Diablo 2 to crash when you try to join or create a game. It's a sound-related error. The only solution is to exit out of everything on your computer that has sound, exit Diablo, restart BorderlessGaming, start up Diablo and get into a game, then start up everything else.
Restart your computer!

2. BorderlessGaming isn't perfect. Every time you exit the game, you need to completely restart Diablo to avoid visual glitches (like the screen being cut off, or your taskbar overlaying the game).

3. The resolution 1366x768 is bugged in windowed mode.

4. This setup CANNOT be used on The Sin War. It simply will not work.

5. Untested: Playing in full screen (D3D w/o BorderlessGaming) will regularly cause you to crash.

Credits to taem for the original guide.

If you're having problems installing, please reply with a very informational and descriptive message well-describing your problem and I'll do my best to help!

Last edited by Warren1001 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:30 am; edited 34 times in total (Reason for editing : Included another note)
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Star Re: [Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Post by Gekko64 Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:36 am

oh, so someone finally narrowed down the exact cause of that crash. I knew it had something to do with audio but I didn't test it as thoroughly as you

GG, will cookie asap
Gekko64
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

Back to top Go down

Star Re: [Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Post by Warren1001 Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Updated the guide to include D2SE.
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:18 pm

Nice job mate. I'm not a multires user since I prefer glide + maximised window & playing online, but there seem to be a lot of users having trouble with this recently so hopefully they will find this guide.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by taem Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Terrific Warren! I've been entirely too lazy to update my guide so, I'm glad someone has done it! Your method has d2se and the new borderless, awesome! Cookie for sure, and we should ask greg to move this to tools.

EDIT: Oops, I guess I gave my cookie for the day last night some time. I'll give you another later tonight.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by waffleown Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:07 am

Thank you so much for the D2SE update! I'll bookmark this thread, and get to downloading it in the morning Very Happy
waffleown
waffleown
Prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:14 am

No problem Smile
http://www.twitch.tv/waffleown
^Great stream btw guys
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:26 am

Moving this to tools. Nice job!
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:28 am

Hm that guy has been streaming for a while. Does he have a forum acc? Anyway finally I can give you a biscuit enjoy Very Happy

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:32 am

read 3 posts above yours... Very Happy
Gekko64
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum