[Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Re: [Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Post by MarcoNecroX Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:35 pm

fantastic post! have a cookie
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Star Re: [Latest Update: 7/23]How to install MXL:U XVc, D2SE, D2MR on 1.13c (Video Guide!)

Post by Warren1001 Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks Smile
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by void Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:05 pm

0:08
First you need to install Diablo II, a clean copy...
and then my eardrums died. Spinning Mr. Green

Cookie. Very Happy I rly have no use for this, but I like it when people use their voice instread of frickin Notepad.
void
void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:45 am

void wrote:0:08
First you need to install Diablo II, a clean copy...
and then my eardrums died. Spinning Mr. Green

Cookie. Very Happy I rly have no use for this, but I like it when people use their voice instread of frickin Notepad.
I need to work on Mic to Computer sound ratio.
And yes! Even mine died! The damn Diablo II installers are SO FUCKING LOUD. xD

And thank you Smile
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by kysidenhat Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:01 am

the unhandled exception access violation c00005 how to fix it.please help me.I am a newbie thanks

kysidenhat
Kill Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by taem Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:01 am

Hey bro, you misspelled "very informational and descriptive message well-describing your problem". No matter, just know that that's a generic d2 error, usually unrelated to multi-res. Try reinstalling D2.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm

kysidenhat wrote:la
Since you feel you do not have the need to fully explain your problem so I may be of assistance:

1. What OS do you use? Mac? Windows 7? Windows 8?
1.5. At what part of the game do you get the error? As soon as you start? As soon as you join/create a game? In the middle of a game? As soon as an act switches? -fill with infinite scenarios something could cause a crash-
2. Are you using D2SE? If you are, continue to step 3, if you aren't, answer only the questions starting with #2 (2c, 2aa, ect).
    2a. Are you using PlugY?
         2aa. If not, are you using the Diablo 2 launcher or the D2MultiRes launcher (if you're using the 1.12a version)
         2ab. If you're using the D2MultiRes launcher, stop and get PlugY, change PlugY.ini's "DllToLoad=" to "DllToLoad=D2MultiRes_113c.dll" if you're using the 1.13c version, or "DllToLoad=D2MultiRes.dll" if you're using the 1.12a version.
         2ac. If you're using the Diablo 2 launcher, D2MultiRes isn't even starting, so none of these guide(s) are the problem. Reinstall Diablo II: LOD.
    2b. Which MultiRes are you using? 1.12a or 1.13c?
    2c. Are you using the right game patch for the right MultiRes version?
    2d. Are you using DirectDraw in the D2VidTest?
3. Are you running the D2SE shortcut using administrator permissions?
3.5. Are you running in DDraw?
4. Does the D2SE shortcut have "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" turned ON?
5. Are you using BorderlessGaming?
   5a. If so, did you do as the guide said and exit out of everything in your sound profile, then start BorderlessGaming, then get into a Diablo II game, then start everything else up that you had running?
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:20 pm

kysidenhat wrote:the unhandled exception access violation c00005  how to fix it.please help me.I am a newbie thanks

Before you even try to re-intall, re-download the patch
Asteroth
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 pm

so I actually watched the video now, two mentions:

a) In the video you update to 1.13d. My question is - why? There are known issues for doing this, even if you use D2SE.
b) "1. Windows 8 has been known to cause issues with D2SE." - Indeed, and this just happened to me. Maybe a quick note, setting D2SE to compatibility with WinXP SP3 solved it (I didn't see it mentioned in the thread).

Also, have a contribution badge - you have been helping people with the most annoying problems.

Cheers!
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 pm

a) I personally play on Vanilla B.net still, and I was not aware problems could persist when updating to 1.13d. I thought any version dependent files were kept by D2SE itself and any other files it needed it grabbed from the main directory - the ones that never change... I've not experienced problems but I don't suppose that means there can't be any problems. :p I'll put a warning as an annotation in the video.

b) I tried that with a friend who used Windows 8 and it didn't work... So perhaps it works under certain circumstances, or something was wrong with my friend's computer in general... I'll be sure to include that in the notes. Thanks.

And thank you Smile
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum