Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II - Page 15 Empty Re: Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Post by Serin2413 Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:44 am

Stealthmaster wrote:
Serin2413 wrote:
MXLU + MultiRes = FAIL
PlugY + MultiRes = FAIL

You were using wrong version/wrong methods. Please don't make such statements just because you tried it. Facepalm

I'm merely stating my case, not making any statement.

Serin2413
Ent

Back to top Go down

Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II - Page 15 Empty Re: Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Post by Stealthmaster Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:55 am

OK, sorry then.
Stealthmaster
Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:55 am

Could it possible D2MultiRes files got corrupted during download? Redownload?
Windowed mode?
WBG?
Warren1001
Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Serin2413 Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:46 am

I redownloaded twice (from the link in 1st post)
At the moment I cannot start game in full screen mode (crash right after the game start). Adding -w to the shortcut I can see the menu and choose a character, then boom.

Is WBG = Windows(?) Borderless Gaming. Tried that too, nothing changed.

Serin2413
Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by taem Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:16 am

wbg won't have any effect on it. I believe in your case it's most likely crashing because you're at the wrong resolution. If you had d2multires ever installed before, it will change your resolution in the registry and uninstalling d2 does not remove it, so when you reinstall d2, the res for multi is still set at a resolution it's not supposed to be at yet. Change your registry so your resolution is same as it should be in clod and then start multi. Should work, then you can change the resolution in multi to what you want. If that is not the issue, then I really have no idea. I'm actually getting the itch to play again and want to try that d2se method myself.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:29 am

guys, multires is like a smoking hot, but crazy girl

one day it's all kisses and giggles and the next one she's screaming at ya with a knife in her hand

so you do the sensible thing and dump her for a mentally stable girl, even if she might not be quite as hot

with the stable one being represented here by windowed d2se with glide wrapper

oh I forgot to mention the crazy one is uber jealous and the sane one is open to threesomes

and by threesome I actually mean realm multiplayer

see what I did there
Gekko64
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

Back to top Go down

Post by taem Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:09 am

lol, funny! Eat a cookie.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by taem Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:56 pm

You don't have to load the maphack dll in your plugy folder, you can load it manually. Also, you shouldn't have to load plugy inside itself... that makes zero sense. Finally, I'm fairly certain you can load as many dlls as you like, just name the next one DllToLoad3 = , although, I could be wrong.
taem
taem
Dark Nephalem

Back to top Go down

Post by Serin2413 Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:45 am

taem wrote:wbg won't have any effect on it. I believe in your case it's most likely crashing because you're at the wrong resolution. If you had d2multires ever installed before, it will change your resolution in the registry and uninstalling d2 does not remove it, so when you reinstall d2, the res for multi is still set at a resolution it's not supposed to be at yet. Change your registry so your resolution is same as it should be in clod and then start multi. Should work, then you can change the resolution in multi to what you want. If that is not the issue, then I really have no idea. I'm actually getting the itch to play again and want to try that d2se method myself.

Can you give me the exact key for multires? I couldn't find anything notable searching with "Multires".

[EDIT] Nevermind, I found it. It's D2RMRes, under the default Diablo 2 registry.

[EDIT2] Tried changing the value to 0, 1, 10, 11, 15 (Decimal). The problem still persists. I have never been able to run multires before anyway.

Serin2413
Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top