Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II - Page 17 Empty Re: Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Post by cowking Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:48 am

There's a newer and better multires for 1.13c. It's from this thread.

http://jtee.bplaced.net/D2MR_113c.zip

Put put the files in your diablo 2 folder (or median folder if you're using D2SE).

Open plugy.ini, set "DllToLoad=D2MultiRes_113c.dll".

Launch game from plugy.exe.

Detailed guide here.
cowking
cowking
Clawstorm Terror

Back to top Go down

Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II - Page 17 Empty Re: Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Post by johnyguliano Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:03 am

OK, never mind. I fixed it.

johnyguliano
Fallen One

Back to top Go down

Post by Zorgho Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 am

orcduchaos wrote:I also have the "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)" error.

To break it down I installed Diablo 2 Classic then LoD then I followed every step of the guide and everything was working fine (I just had trouble hosting or joining a TCP/IP game but after a couple of tries it would work just fine) The only step I had to use a different approach is this one:

14) Start up DII in full-screen and set your screen resolution to match your desktops then Save and Exit

I had to start D2 from a shortcut of D2MultiResGame.exe with "-w" at the end to access the video options. Opening D2MultiResGame.exe would just start a process in the task manager and sit there and do nothing.

Then a couple of hours later I restarted my computer because the hosting and joining TCP/IP games issue was pissing me off and when finally it was restarted my game wouldn't work anymore. Everytime I tried to load a character it popped the ACCESS_VIOLATION error.
(FYI I did disable the desktop composition, visual themes and checked DirectDraw 2D. Plus I don't know what the hell is Glidder or D2SE or Alchemy. Also I can't touch the audio options, they are locked)

After testing different approaches here's which work and which don't:
Median Ultimative alone in Fullscreen and Windowed works
Median + Multires work only in Windowed, can't start it in Fullscreen (Edit2: I can now open it in fullscreen. I toggled the "perspective" off)
Median + Plugy works in Fullscreen and Windowed
But when I add the D2MultiRes.dll to load in Plugy.ini I get the ACCESS_VIOLATION error. My guess is there's something wrong within the process when plugy loads the D2Multires.dll. Which is weird because I can make both of them work individually with Median but not together.

What else can I say... I installed D2 and LoD from cds and the "full multiplayer" option in both classic and LoD. I'm out of options and hoping someone here has the solution.  Neutral

Edit: I just redid everything from the start and got the same error Hitting a Wall I don't understand what's wrong.
Edit2: After reading other threads on this forum and on external ones I found that turning the perspective off would help. Now I can open Median + Multires in fullscreen mode and windowed mode. It sort of solved one of my problems... but I still can't open Median w/ Plugy and D2Multires and it annoys me because I'm playing with two of my friends at the moment and for some [magical] reasons I'm the only who can't make everything work together  Sad
Edit3: Ooookay. So apparently D2MultiRes now loads Plugy automatically. Problem Solved except that I still can't host game so I will have to wait for my friends to hop on d2 to see if I can join a TCP/IP game Nvm that  Whistling 
Edit4:  Dancing x14
Edit5: SOMETIMES after restarting your computer the game might not work anymore even if it was working before. Simply restart your computer again until it works. I know it's weird and it sucks...

Just restart a few times... unbelievable. Cheers!

Zorgho
Fallen One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Back to top