Guide to all Uberquests

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide to all Uberquests - Page 12 Empty Re: Guide to all Uberquests

Post by TQer Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:24 am

Taker3161 wrote:

#1: Before i go into tryhard mode and try to get good at purify+hit and running away, what is a good char to do this?
Getting decent items/great runes and the easy/middle charms isnt a problem for me.

#2: Does he heal completly once i die and he doesnt get damaged anymore?

Not 100% sure of this because my english is quite awkward and some important things that are said on others replies remain unnoticed for me. Iirc I once read that you need a high amount of attack rating to be completely sure that your hits make impact on Brother Laz, so in my case I would try first with a Dex based toon instead of a STR one to make things easier.
Considering that a fast movement speed is quite important there too, I would try first with an Assa as shadow refuge gives all that you need (juts get sure that you cover all your speed needs: block rate, attack, etc... You can cover all of them with jewels, or just spending some time in the triune looking for some cycles of speed (this last thing is what I did) to cover all of them without any need of spending a lot of time crafting jewels, so you can just focus this last part on looking for flat bonuses of life, for example, as assassins doesn´t count on a initial too high amount of life; and also on porcentual bonuses of attack rating if I understood this part right and you needed on this Uber a high amount on this stat (in my case for example I reached around 200,000 points on this stat but I don´t think you need so much).

2. Brother Laz doesn´t heal himself, but it is you the one that is healing him by destroying his totems when Brother Laz is close to them. What you should do to have a complete control about this is to remove from your gear all procs (and just in case, when I say gear, is not only your weapon+different armor parts, but also remove from your inventory all the charms that gives attacks as procs (like novas when you die, etc..)) and not using any AOE attack when facing him (once again, shadow refuge for example is perfect on this purpose). Also, to have a better control of what is being attacked always on this fight do not use reanimates/summons here (for reanimates, just get a bonus of slain monsters rest in peace).

And the rest is just what you have done: 100% open wounds, a resource of slow is also a must to have enough time to purify+OW (the closest to 50% the better) and that´s all (in any case a crowd control skill like the brc skill of assas is really welcome to have grupies under control): purify+apply open wounds; move a little bit away for him to let him blink on top of you again and repeat until he had died.

If you die in the middle of the fight (and this will happen many times until you had get used to it) body recovery is easy here: totems+groupies can be destroyed with almost a naked toon. So any additional weapon you had available on your inventory will do all the work. Once you had clear the area, get close to your body, to lure BrotherLaz away from it (more or less two brotherLaz´s blinks should be enough to recover your gear without being disturbed).

Here you can see everything explain by MarcoNecro:

http://www.medianxl.com/t679-the-ultimate-fight

And about a cheesing method....well, you can keep on exit and restarting the game until you had get there a fire shrine, so then since the begging you will have done half of the work there (Anyway, as I find this too boring and also unnecesary I wouldn´t do this, so in my case I would focus instead of getting used to the fight no matter the shrine you will get there).
TQer
TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:28 pm

TQer.. you make it all sound so easy Wink
Ohmarinus
Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:17 am

Ohmarinus wrote:TQer.. you make it all sound so easy Wink

Well, just in case: as I have said above: "if you die in the middle of the fight (and this will happen many times until you get used)....".

But in any case it isn´t neither easy nor hard; OK, my personal opinion about this:

I have read sometimes here that fast reflexes are even a must to play Ultimative, and being honest I couldn´t disagree more with that statement, althought at this point I still don´t have a complete view of the mod as I still haven´t found time to face all Ubers because what gives me more fun about this games is leveling up a lot of different toons rather than reach the very end game as soon as possible (still missing the Void, MarcoNecroX and Startled Witch).

Being and ARPG, and like any other game of that kind, it is all about gear+knowledge. The forum takes care of the last part, so reading different threads you will solve your eventual gaps in knowledge (even me, whose english level sucks and takes a lot of time to understand everything (and to understand it correctly), can make use of this), and the lacks of gear are solved playing (and the forum can solve this too through the trading sections)....and fast reflexes have an impact of a 5% percent as much (if it has any, which I doubt), because being an ARPG the different alternatives that can be used when handling a toon are limited and any of them doesn´t have anything to be with fast reflexes IMO: hit&run; run in circles, positioning, etc...

And if fast reflexes were a must, and if it works as encouragement for you, Ohmarinus: my reflexes are almost as fast as the ones of Stephen Hawking on a severe hangover day, and I have complete so far a decent percentage of the Ubers, so why wouldn´t you be able to make it much better than me Wink
TQer
TQer
Son of Lucion

Back to top Go down

Post by iced_tea Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Like your posts, very helpful and also very true! Smile

iced_tea
Bloodfire Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:57 pm

Actually you really need good reflexes for BLaz and Zorun Tzin Very Happy.
romanN1
romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:45 pm

romanN1 wrote:Actually you really need good reflexes for BLaz and Zorun Tzin Very Happy.

Sure!...but then, after saying what is quoted above, you (and me, and all the others) use a source of ~50% slow on that fight as a way to put our "fast reflexes" to rest while we are taking care of, for example, Brother Laz on its "slow motion" version Very Happy
TQer
TQer
Son of Lucion

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Damn,the guy above me got a real awesome titile Shocked finally someone got a title that more awesome than me Tongue 2
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:53 pm

wow123400 wrote:Damn,the guy above me got a real awesome titile Shocked  finally someone got a title that more awesome than me Tongue 2
Nah. Not more awesome but yea, I give out the best titles. Mr Green
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12