[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide]

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] Empty [v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide]

Post by Snejjin Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 am

Kraken Stance Tantrum Barb
[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] 78566250
Introduction
This guide is focused around the crafted o-skills kraken stance and tantrum. Its a stationary, multi-hitting 2-3 yard radius attack with at least 4 different kinds of damage, using only super easily obtainable items! This guide is to get you started farming/tantruming and not intended as a best possible scenario of end-game bs that you will more than likely never obtain Smile just sayin. Like if you have valkyrie's prime- I hope you don't need a guide on it. If you do just give to somebody who knows what hole to put it in Thinking

Pros
Easy 500k defense
Easy 10k life
Boost party damage
Very cheap build
Can farm most ubers
Doesn't need signets
Doesn't need potions
Easy 30% avoid
Cons
Small range attack
Requires patience crafting
Very different play style
Moving/running away targets suck

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] 12118234
Stats
Strength - enough for gear. Were using a crafted bow so we don't really gain anything from this attribute.
Dexterity/Vitality - these attributes depend solely on you. dexterity = defense, damage, & attack rating where as vitality = life. I go more on the vitality side. If you have 550 dex, and 850 vitality, or even less than that, you should still be fine.

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] 12118283
Skills
Make sure you have 8 wolves. [35 points]
You will need to put points into ancient blood to make that happen. [32 points]
We need a lot of defense and we have 2 ways of doing this. Both spirit guide [24 points] and runemaster. [12 points]
We will have enough +skills to fill in where we lack in points for such skills as mountain king. [1 point]
We will be getting up close and personal so make sure you a lot into immortal. [20 points]
After your BRC make sure you get thundergod. [1 point]
Now we can either put our leftover points into the above or we can get spirit walk to spread kraken stance to our reanimates and party members. Getting a diablo's essence with +1 spirit walk is ideal for this, but until then it could be worth investing some points into this, as your reanimates can kill average destruction monsters.

Its very important to have 8 wolves, as these babies spread your 7105 damage a hit doom, which paired with a skill that multi-hits constantly makes for an instant-death to most monsters in the game. But what about physical immunes? Thats where kraken stance comes in.

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] 12118367
Items
Our weapon is a crafted bow with the oskill tantrum. Short war bow or long war bow are best bows to use from my understanding of guide and personal game-play. I have 2 crafted bows and I just swap out whichever one is better and then shrine the other one until it becomes the better - This is an easy way of constantly upgrading your crafted weapons. Go for procs, enhanced damage, life leeching attributes, and plain damage. Be sure to socket with runes, I prefer jah runes. I start my mystic orbing at at least 40% life leech and then focus purely on enhancing damage.

Our helm is a crafted barbarian helm with kraken stance oskill on it. You want to look for 25+ to kraken or higher imo. However, dif procs and high %spell dmg may make up for a low (20+) kraken stance on it. Enhanced defense may also make up for low kraken skill. I MO enhanced defense and socket with jahs.

The rest of the gear is up to you, and trial and error/reading the guide is the best way to find what works for you. This is what I've used.

For body armor I use either jitan's kamon (damage reduction, more tri-damage, decent defense) or albrecht's revenge (10% arrow on striking makes this better than jitan's imo. reanims help for 1-hit monsters, crowd control, and damage spread). I socket with jahs as usual and mo with enhanced defense.

For the arrows I craft a hanabigami or locust hive. Both can be mo'd and I'm not sure which is better tbh. I usually mo these with -enemy res.

For gloves I use tu heavy gloves, honorific, or vit/dex craft. You can also use tu gauntlets but I found them a waste.

Same thing for boots. This is where I get my resists, -enemy res, and MOAR DEFENSE.

For the belt I recommend either truce rw for %dr or tu heavy belt. I use tu heavy belt myself because sor proc destroys heroics.

For the rings I use emp bands and mystic orb hammers and defense and -enemy res.

Amulet is really up to you and what you have available. I use a teganze pendant mo'd.

On switch I like to use a crafted arrow swarm bow so I can snipe the runners and ranged attackers like cow honchos. You can also use a barb weapon craft to make a call of the wild weapon but I find that more hassle then what its worth, as you can already kill anything.

This guide is intended to show you a character that can do ubers/baal/farms without su's and sets, untwinked. Its not some end-game build. So please don't post the 1,000 sssssssu items that are better than emp band. I'm aware of them, they just don't serve a purpose to this guide.

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] 12118422
Ubers
Creature of Flame: I just let my wolves pick them apart while I hide behind corner.
Infernal Machine: Run in and blast boss with tantrum, be sure to run around in circle so deathstrike doesn't hit you.
Death Projector: Drag mechanics away, circle around projector firing off your tantrum.
Azmodan:
Rathma Square:
Cathedral of Vanity: You can lead nuns into seperate room and tele with pax mystica rw staff or just suicide bomb tower with jitan's kamon 3-4 times and then tank everything in room.
Toraja:
Vizjun:
The Butcher: You should be able to take 1-2 hits ok, so if you run around casting tantrum you should be able to 1 hit him as soon as he runs into circle. Otherwise use a lolsummon (+1 summon mystic orb from akara)
The Binding of Baal: Cast tantrum & summon in corner. Watch as they all die
Assault on Mount Arreat: Cast tantrum & summon. That easy.
Akarat: Go into small room and prep tantrum, then summon.
Lord Aldric Jitan: Try to go to a small area, like around portal and prep tantrum then summon.
Legacy of Blood: Blast tantrum & summon. Take a health potion or 2 with you, use right after summon. Should be able to stay alive long enough for him to cast wychwind and then die.
Judgement Day: I spam lolsummon until he spawns and then cast tantrum and let him run into it. For upgrade begin spamming more summons, wait for both of them and do same thing.
Brother Laz:
Inarius' Revenge: After doing cathedral of vanity spam tantrum and summon in corner.
K3KBA: Run to totems, blast tantrum once or twice and then move on to next totem. Circle blasting tantrum until all bones are dust.
Island of Sunless Sea: Dont use any summons and watch out for the flying yellow orbs, they shatter on impact and then home in on you. Instead try to run right to any ranged attackers, spam tantrum, and run. For Malic just run up to him, cast, then run away- dodging his 1 hit ko. Repeat. For Lucion just teleport on him and cast.
Khalimgrad:
Tran Athulua:
Fauztinville:
Bremmtown:
Kingdom of Shadow:
Duncraig: Run into crowds and be sure to cast tantrum at least twice before they can get in melee attack range. Either snipe orbs with switch bow or run to them and tantrum. Orbs will run away which is why I suggest switch weapon bow. Get all sigils, cube with ring and then nail Assure. Actually a pretty easy uber for us. Just time consuming. Oh and of course watch our for those fucking barrels.
Belial:
Bull Price Rodeo: Very doable uber for us. Hide behind wall-corner facing in front of his stampede (so they hit wall not you). Then tank him from there. For cows, just walk bit by bit casting tantrum. You should be able to kill the cows before they attack you, constantly healing every time they come at you. Snipe the honchos with offhand.
Quov Tsin:
Astrogha:
Baal: With enough life leech you should be able to stay alive for 5+ minutes at a time, spamming tantrum on baal. Even longer if you have reanimates. It can take 10min if he drops sheilds or it can take 30min if he doesn't, all about luck with him.

The Rest & General Play
It helps to run in and have as many guys as possible attack you, while you spam your tantrum skill. They should all die right before actually hitting you, and the ones that do get through your tantrum, shouldn't get through your def, avoid, and life. Some guys are just to strong though and you need to cast tantrum as your running away, making them follow you and die in your tantrap (tantrum-trap).

Imho barb is better than sin because of his high defense, life, and overall tankier playstyle. Not to mention sin's doom doesn't have anything on a barb wolves doom (which is automatically spread Smile

I wanted to post this here just to help some of the people on the new server who can't seem to get going on any of these end-item requiring builds. Feel free to critique my topic or give pointers/ideas. See ya

Credits and props to stoya & topnec for there guides on tantrum as well.

Things to work on~ more items/pictures of items, more uber support, & etc.

Last edited by Snejjin on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Snejjin
Snejjin
Thunder Beetle

http://www.goarmy.com/

Back to top Go down

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] Empty Re: [v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide]

Post by DanielWolf Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am

Very impressive. A cookie for the untwinked, cheap and effective barb
DanielWolf
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

[v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide] Empty Re: [v6d] Krakum - Starter Barb [miniguide]

Post by aahz Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 am

Nice miniguide, just I don't understand this:
Snejjin wrote:A long battle bow is best but a short war bow does just fine too.
can you explain why is slower+weaker bow better? (apart from Stoya suggesting it in hist Tantrumsin guide Wink )
aahz
aahz
Cathedral Drow

Server Hoster

http://tsw.vn.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snejjin Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 am

I'll look at what bow is actually best, and then edit/suggest that instead Smile Ive always used short war bows but I didn't actually look to see whats better. Neutral mah bad nucka

Last edited by Snejjin on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed)
Snejjin
Snejjin
Thunder Beetle

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 am

Maybe add a short section on what charms are obtainable with the gear you listed and where this build excels at farming... For example I don't think I would like try to tantrum Quov Tsin or Astrogha to death, nor farm their trophies. But since your guide is aimed at newbies you need to add that stuff in.
BassToMouth
BassToMouth
Mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 am

BassToMouth wrote:Maybe add a short section on what charms are obtainable with the gear you listed and where this build excels at farming... For example I don't think I would like try to tantrum Quov Tsin or Astrogha to death, nor farm their trophies. But since your guide is aimed at newbies you need to add that stuff in.

quov doable can take aroun 15-40 min but astro no way ^^
stoya
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Snejjin Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 am

kk I will work on that guys Smile
Snejjin
Snejjin
Thunder Beetle

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am

@stoya
Yeah but why would you spend 15 min fighting 1 boss that doesn't even drop perf charms >_> It's not really about "doable" but at what point you decide to cut the time limit between "doable" and "waste-of-time."

The point I was making was that stuff like that should be written up in it's own short section to give a heads up for the new players wanting to use this guide (since I assume this is aimed at newbies). GL with your guide anyway, even short ones do take up time to write up Smile
BassToMouth
BassToMouth
Mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Snejjin Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:01 am

Thanks, I've added a section with most there, still gotta work on other ones Smile
Snejjin
Snejjin
Thunder Beetle

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I think which reach 1 2-3 secs SW is a good thing for some reasons:
Tantrum is an short range attack, so sometimes we need reach quickly our target..Also, wolves, we need stay near them....
Have you see the Tantrumdin video, he uses Colloseum for do taht, so SW can be useful here.

MUS01
Burning Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top