Guide to all Uberquests

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide to all Uberquests - Page 8 Empty Re: Guide to all Uberquests

Post by MarcoNecroX Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 pm

If the purpose of the uberquest is to run in circles and you don't do that, you might as well download an itempack with the charm, because that is even faster. Same applies for farming, if you can kill any monster in destruction it means you can get any item in the game, yet that doesn't mean everyone should be using itempacks, as well as being able to farm a charm doesn't mean you should be hacking the mod to make the charm perfect. People always do one or other, and just like I wouldn't suggest using itempacks, I don't suggest cheesing LC0 either. Plus as mentioned, it was designed to be uber easy yet take 1 maybe 2 minutes, to introduce newbies to challenges.
MarcoNecroX
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

TL

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:21 pm

oh the one is back,how are the exams?

for lc0

if you really wanna do it quick,a batstriker sin can get it faster than those walls,seriously,those walls only make you safer not faster,and sometimes even fuck something up,a bow druid or batstriker sin are the fastest lc0 killer ever........bow druid even safer
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 pm

MarcoNecroX wrote:If the purpose of the uberquest is to run in circles and you don't do that, you might as well download an itempack with the charm, because that is even faster. Same applies for farming, if you can kill any monster in destruction it means you can get any item in the game, yet that doesn't mean everyone should be using itempacks, as well as being able to farm a charm doesn't mean you should be hacking the mod to make the charm perfect. People always do one or other, and just like I wouldn't suggest using itempacks, I don't suggest cheesing LC0 either. Plus as mentioned, it was designed to be uber easy yet take 1 maybe 2 minutes, to introduce newbies to challenges.
Imo, LC0 is one of the greatest things to happen to Ultimative Razz It's so simple yet a great introduction to uber mechanics and the charm itself is a nice reward too.
BassToMouth
BassToMouth
Mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 am

Well there is a still legit ways how to do it in a few seconds but req tu1 short stave and tu1 long stave or using 2 characters( for realm you and your friend for example) 1 with lvl much more then 5 and using skills that can kill boss before he gain his shield ( like fragshot, abyss,etc) where Freezing Gale is a king of such cheese tactics, it can kill boss and all totems in 1 moment because of aoe. If someone dislike it he can change concept or if everything is fine then not .

vadust
Scaled Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am

I'm talking in general, for any *starting, untwinked* char with no help, just getting the charm, not farming it.

@Marco: you know it's not the same, killing a "boss" once =/= farming. I said I don't condone gaining a lot of items from cheesing, but I don't see why people shouldn't use their brain and try to make things faster without completely breaking them.

I love the LC0, it's a great thing and I'm happy you're doing the mod. I understand you would like the people to do things properly for various reasons and I agree and respect that. but after 467456456 times of killing him it gets tedious and I think I should be allowed some leeway to cheese it after I master killing him with all classes and in a lot of ways. also why wouldn't cheesing him in such a safe way be a reward for my brilliance of the moment for figuring it out?

I think my main reason for cheesing him is I don't like clicking around like a madman, especially when I'm forced to click so much (and if it involves instagib). this includes not only him, but everything in the game. my hand starts hurting if I play/click too much/fast so I like to avoid it (I don't kill monsters if I can run past them, I only kill some larger groups, etc.). I even made a AutoIt Script when I got Sky Siege that keeps left clicking while farming a3 sewers so my hand doesn't fall off.

anyways, if you really want I will never cheese him like that again or speak of it to anyone. XD
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:57 pm

It's a lot more based towards teaching newbies not to cheese things. If you want to use the method,go right ahead. But announcing it on the forums where you know some newer members are reading just kinda spoils things a bit.
GregMXL
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:14 pm

still i think the wall cheese is kinda slower than regular kill Neutral the wall slow you down you know?with one hand claw,you can batstrike the whole area in one or two shot with spiderpoison,a wall will block that
wow123400
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Quirinus wrote:I'm talking in general, for any *starting, untwinked* char with no help, just getting the charm, not farming it.

@Marco: you know it's not the same, killing a "boss" once =/= farming. I said I don't condone gaining a lot of items from cheesing, but I don't see why people shouldn't use their brain and try to make things faster without completely breaking them.

I love the LC0, it's a great thing and I'm happy you're doing the mod. I understand you would like the people to do things properly for various reasons and I agree and respect that. but after 467456456 times of killing him it gets tedious and I think I should be allowed some leeway to cheese it after I master killing him with all classes and in a lot of ways. also why wouldn't cheesing him in such a safe way be a reward for my brilliance of the moment for figuring it out?

I think my main reason for cheesing him is I don't like clicking around like a madman, especially when I'm forced to click so much (and if it involves instagib). this includes not only him, but everything in the game. my hand starts hurting if I play/click too much/fast so I like to avoid it (I don't kill monsters if I can run past them, I only kill some larger groups, etc.). I even made a AutoIt Script when I got Sky Siege that keeps left clicking while farming a3 sewers so my hand doesn't fall off.

anyways, if you really want I will never cheese him like that again or speak of it to anyone. XD
Well, imagine you are a modder. You spend time implementing and testing a certain mechanic on some boss. And then some player comes and bypasses all that, it's kind of just like... well why did I even bother to bloody waste time implementing those mechanics?!? That's basically why cheesing is scorned for the most part, even though so many people abuse it. I'm guilty of this too in my earlier days, I can't say it wasn't tempting but most bosses can be beaten with 0 cheese once you understand the mechanics of the boss AND your character. If you cheese all day, you'll never learn those, get bored because all bosses are "easy" and the quit soon after.

However, my arguments aren't too convincing when the modder himself posts screenshot of him cheesing his own mod on ladder... oh well Sad
BassToMouth
BassToMouth
Mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:21 am

GregMXL wrote:If you want to use the method,go right ahead. But announcing it on the forums where you know some newer members are reading just kinda spoils things a bit.

You are indeed correct, I didn't think of that. Sorry. :< Thank you. But then again, following guides can be considered somewhat cheesing, because people think for you and sometimes make OP/abusive builds and you don't have to use your brain at all. Like pouncezon used to be etc.

BassToMouth wrote:
Quirinus wrote:I'm talking in general, for any *starting, untwinked* char with no help, just getting the charm, not farming it.

Well, imagine you are a modder. You spend time implementing and testing a certain mechanic on some boss. And then some player comes and bypasses all that, it's kind of just like... well why did I even bother to bloody waste time implementing those mechanics?!? That's basically why cheesing is scorned for the most part, even though so many people abuse it. I'm guilty of this too in my earlier days, I can't say it wasn't tempting but most bosses can be beaten with 0 cheese once you understand the mechanics of the boss AND your character. If you cheese all day, you'll never learn those, get bored because all bosses are "easy" and the quit soon after.

However, my arguments aren't too convincing when the modder himself posts screenshot of him cheesing his own mod on ladder... oh well Sad

Yea, I know, this that's why I said I understand why he wants things to be done properly and said it's great for newbies or the first dozen times. But it's funny if you know you can do it without cheesing, with your eyes closed and hands tied behind the back.

But a lot of things what makes this mod awesome is finding ways to slightly cheese something, be it an OP build or just playing a certain class (sin OP XD just kidding, or am I?).

Anyways, let's drop the subject. I perfectly understand how Marco feels and what you guys think, thanks for the input. Smile
Quirinus
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Anyone willing to write a new Kabraxis how-to guide? The boss itself seems really complex to me, i cant even survive for 30 secs.

Istaryu
Curst Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top