Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress

Post by aknazer Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:04 am

Will wrote:Block pct above say 20 very bad for sorcs so be careful. Easy for melter to get block locked Bc of bad frames with shield. Smile

I can see how that could be an issue if an enemy were to hit you often, but most enemies have a sub-20% chance to hit (in ubers it's usually around 10-15% chance to be hit) and I have a 39% avoidance rate (19% from Warp Armor and 20% from Starhawk+AotOR). Since so few hits are getting through I'm unlikely to block very many attacks. In fact I don't remember the last time I was block locked even though I have 75% block rate against most enemies.

This would probably be more of an issue with a non-Lightning/Baneblade build since they would have less avoidance/armor and thus would block more attacks.

On another note, the initial videos that I did have finished uploading to youtube and are now included in the guide.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress - Page 2 Empty Re: Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress

Post by Dimentio Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:53 am

Very nice man. I'm starting a let's play series next ladder and I'm doing it live. I have never really made a melee sorc. But for the sake of the community I think this guide would be perfect for the first character.
Dimentio
Dimentio
Blood Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 am

Dimentio wrote:Very nice man.  I'm starting a let's play series next ladder and I'm doing it live.  I have never really made a melee sorc.  But for the sake of the community I think this guide would be perfect for the first character.

Thanks. I know in the next patch there's supposed to be some new abilities for the melee sorc, so it will be slightly out-of-date until I get a chance to learn the new abilities and update the guide. Though unless things greatly change or something isn't viable anymore I probably won't update whatever videos I've released before the patch.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 am

Vizjun and Kabraxis guides have been added, along with a video guide for Brachyceran (still need to do his written guide though).
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:48 am

I will read it and i will try it. Absolutely +1.
Metalistas
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Rithiel Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:33 pm

How do you allocate your stat points in this build?  Thinking 

Rithiel
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Rithiel wrote:How do you allocate your stat points in this build?  Thinking 

I'll go back and update it with this info (will put it in the general info section), but you use just enough str for your gear and everything else in dex.  If you watch the videos I scroll over each stat so that you can see what my base stats are.  Two things to note is that at lower levels you're going to be str limited and this will affect which items you can wear, while at end-game you're going to need to occasionally go back and remove points from str as you collect charms.

EDIT: And it's been added into the guide. Thanks for pointing out that it was missing.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am

If anyone wants a video of a specific fight/area feel free to post here.  Otherwise I'll probably wait until after XV before doing any other videos in order to account for the upcoming (and currently unknown) changes.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:21 am

didnt read anything, but good job
mahitovec
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by Rithiel Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 pm

What do you think about using the Kite Shield TU instead of Bone Shield?

It is better in most aspects (more STR / more DEX / more DEF / more cold res / lightning res)

Is the added cold damage in the Bone Shield so important that it tops all of those boosts?

Rithiel
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top