Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress - Page 3 Empty Re: Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress

Post by aknazer Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:21 pm

You could use either. The main thing about the Bone Shield is that it doesn't take STR to use, so you can use a higher tier sooner. This is because most of your stat-points are going into DEX so that we can keep upgrading the ceremonial armor once we meet the level req.

From there the main differences is that the Bone Shield has two extra sockets, gives you more damage, and has magic resist (one of the few ways to get it in the entire game), while the Kite Shield gives you more defense, resists, and stats.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress - Page 3 Empty Re: Elelar, Ultimative Melee Sorceress - XVc Updates in Progress

Post by aknazer Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 am

Kingdom of Shadow and Brachyceran's Lair guides added.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeslayer Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:55 am

Have a melee sorc at lvl 79 and just quit playing her, as I didn't really like the behavior of bladestorm. Probably got spoiled with my parasite necro.. Laughing
This does make me want to try her out again, though.

Read the whole guide and I think it's quite thorough. Well done!
Seems I can't yet give cookies, but I would if I could.

Timeslayer
Returned

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:29 am

Thanks, and as for cookies you probably need more posts before being allowed to vote on posts as a manner of preventing people from making fake accounts and spamming cookies.

Something else you can try is a crafted chest/weapon for Spiral Dance. If you watch the LC1 challenge you can see me switching between Spiral Dance, Bladestorm, and a different ability (forget the name but it didn't scale well while lvling). And for crafting you can also use Oil of Renewal on a rare item to craft minus the shrine bonuses.

One last thing is that in XV we're supposed to be getting new abilities, so that might give the spec a more active playstyle besides just Bladestorm.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:42 am

Triune added
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 am

Best tip I can give you guys for binding of baal for level challenge.

The way summoning works, you can stack your ice elementals (or any other summon) pop summon, and the priority for the summon:

Boss > Minions

So, when I did this I just summoned ontop of my ice elementals, in a corner. You can do this challenge at level 48 with ease, Ice elementals can tank talrasha 24.7 just summon, and summon more it takes awhile and spam blade storm at it. (you want to max elementals and the synergies for this)

You'll take no damage, and he dies slowly, CB helps a lot.

If ou don't do it like this, it becomes a lot harder even with stacked resists.

I had trash gear when I did this, just honorofic boots glove belts for 120% resist all on all 3. EZPZ.

I tried this again at level 90, and it was considerably more difficult. Hope this helps. This can allow you to cheese a lot of the summoning quests.
Shiki
Shiki
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:38 pm

How are you in Terror at lvl48? I'm normally not there till the 60s.

I'll give this a try, but when I tried what you're suggesting at lvl86 it didn't work so well. The issue is that in order to get close for Bladestorm you still get hit by the attacks and the elementals were still dying at a good rate from all the non-cold spells.

I have a video up for the easiest way I found to do it, but if you can get a video of you doing it your way (especially lvl48 in Terror) I would be most interested in seeing it.
aknazer
aknazer
Spike Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

aknazer wrote:How are you in Terror at lvl48?  I'm normally not there till the 60s.

I'll give this a try, but when I tried what you're suggesting at lvl86 it didn't work so well.  The issue is that in order to get close for Bladestorm you still get hit by the attacks and the elementals were still dying at a good rate from all the non-cold spells.

I have a video up for the easiest way I found to do it, but if you can get a video of you doing it your way (especially lvl48 in Terror) I would be most interested in seeing it.

Im not level 48 anymore.

I can show you my method tho.

it was A LOT faster now, since i have more levels, more gear etc. However if done right, you wont even be hit once. I failed at that in the video but wasnt hit for very much.

obviosuly over leveled now; But it works the same; however slower, much much much much slower.

But it has A LOT of safety.

the whole point of this method, is to not summon any minions and only summon the boss (talrasha) Tal Rasha himself is exceptionally weak. If you do it right, you only summon Tal Rasha, and just keep spamming elementals.

This method works with any character with any sort of summons. Other than the summons that require you to kill minions to break shields.

it's the easiest way to cheese this mechanic.Those mages hurt A LOT, and take very little magic damage (our main element on this character)

barb: Spirits

Amazon: elementals

Assassin: Lolsummons

Sorc: Elementals

necro: Shadows

Druid: Acid fiends

Paladin: lolsummons

hope that helps. Sorry It isnt at level 48; at some point i'll set it up tho for a level 48-50 fight.

Last edited by Shiki on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Shiki
Shiki
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 am

Woops Double post.

Last edited by Shiki on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiki
Shiki
Razor Fur Titan

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am

Not cool.
Banned
Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top